Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Why the lib-dems are shit

all the political conviction of a Space Raider corn based snack. What do they stan for? Election. That and only that.

You're right of course, but the alternative round here is a tory called 'fabian ricter'. Fabian. Ricter. Tory or not, I don't think I could live with that.

Plus the lib dem from here, old don foster, was one of the few who went to parliament and moaned about the DEB, which makes him ok in my book.

I was going to spoil or vote loony but now I think I'm gonna vote lib dem despite it all. Oh how I've fallen. :facepalm:

To become a contender you have to lie and dissemble in order to capture swing voters. Every major party does this. Don't blame them - blame FPTP.

They do not support nuclear disarmament.

They won't replace Trident like-for-like, but are happy to downsize.

They supported the war in Afghanistan. Anyone MP who supported that has blood on their hands, surely.

They do not support nuclear disarmament.

They won't replace Trident like-for-like, but are happy to downsize.

They supported the war in Afghanistan. Anyone MP who supported that has blood on their hands, surely.

Every single MP who didn't walk out there and then has blood on their hands.

Tbf, Paddick went through a denial/'getting married might make me straight' thing which isn't entirely unusual for people struggling with either their sexuality or the pressures/expectations society places onto people... but as for Mark 'I had a mid-life crisis and losing my hair made me do it' Oaten though.... :rolleyes:

agree about paddick, he had the courage to come out and as far as i know paddick & his former wife remain on good terms. but he went on the 'i'm a celebrity get me out of here' and i think lost all if any credibility he had.

The IMF was called in 1976 - the lib-lab pact was in 1977. (And the loan was paid off sharpish)

:facepalm: :facepalm:

You are, of course, correct. I got my dates reversed. Still, they kept Labour in power when an early victory by Maggie would have seen an early departure by Maggie.

They support votes for paedos (according to one Labour candidate, anyway).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/election_2010/8630001.stm

Leaflets distributed under Mr Godsiff's name asked: "Do you want convicted murderers, rapists and paedophiles to be given the vote? The Lib Dems do".

The leaflets contained pictures of a number of high-profile criminals including Vanessa George and Steven Wright, convicted in 2008 for the murder of five women in the Ipswich area.

Butchers - I'm too busy atm to keep up but can you explain to me why you're so anti LibDem when this 'surge' in interest - and possibly support - is the best chance of a NL led hung Parliament?

More LibDem leaflet shennanigans, this time from Merseyside: -

Michael Shields' parents have shown their support for Labour after the Liberal Democrats used their son as part of their election campaign.

Marie and Michael Shields Snr have sent letters, printed by the Labour Party, berating the Lib Dems for using their picture in a leaflet.

They said they did nothing for their son who was pardoned after being jailed for attempted murder in Bulgaria.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/election_2010/england/8628676.stm

They can't help themselves. :)

A comment on Twitter that made me laugh (paraphrasing from memory):

Lib Dems propose to get rid of Trident. Britain will instead be protected by impenetrable wall of self-righteousness.

Back
Top Bottom