Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Who's enjoying C4's coverage?

Minnie_the_Minx

someinenhhanding menbag and me ah bollox
Fucking adverts are pissing me off and missed a race I wanted to see because of them and it's only just started :mad:

Can't watch it at work so am following the live feed on C4 and the Guardian. The adverts pissed me off in the Opening Ceremony, they must be more annoying during the actual events :mad:

Can't watch it at work so am following the live feed on C4 and the Guardian. The adverts pissed me off in the Opening Ceremony, they must be more annoying during the actual events :mad:

There's been loads and loads of complaints and loads of complaints about Jon Snow's commentary :D

There's been loads and loads of complaints and loads of complaints about Jon Snow's commentary :D
Tbh I didn't mind that, it was kind of interesting hearing about the political aspect of each country although I can see it was also rather incongruous and it did seem to focus quite a bit on war and destruction :D

I actually don't mind the ad breaks, as a smoker it gives me time to have a gasper and not miss much!! :)

Tbh I didn't mind that, it was kind of interesting hearing about the political aspect of each country although I can see it was also rather incongruous and it did seem to focus quite a bit on war and destruction :D

I don't mind it, but I'd rather they did it when the athletes were competing rather than the opening ceremony :D

I watched some of the basketball, England v Germany. Couldn't see the end so I don't know who won but the game was good tv.

Its not live as I know what happens next, having looked at twitter in an add break:

Ok, spoiler free as I knew 10 minutes ago that it went into overtime at 66 - 66, no idea what happens next so its game on for me, great game and atmosphere so far:)

Its not live as I know what happens next, having looked at twitter in an add break:

Ok, spoiler free as I knew 10 minutes ago that it went into overtime at 66 - 66, no idea what happens next so its game on for me, great game and atmosphere so far:)

Wtf are they repeating it? Isn't there anything else on, like athletics or something :confused:

eta: Athletics doesn't start 'til tomorrow

Not sure, they might have started it live but then stopped broadcast during the adds, carried on 3 minutes delayed after adds? So you see all of the action but by now it is perhaps 15 minutes late? (guessing). They should have at least set up several free view channels for coverage of simultaneous events, especailly for when the track and field gets started as well.

It's seems a little too tightly scripted, but as raised a some chuckles. Maybe it'll relax as it goes through the games.

Adam Hill wasn't even supposed to be getting his own programme but he impressed so much they got him to host it

Have you seen his animated video on the Chinese swimmer with no arms?

I have not, no.

I think it's also suffering a bit from not knowing if it's a comedy show or a wrap up show. A lot of programmes have fallen foul of that one to be fair.

Too many ads. And while I like the idea of hiring first time, disabled presenters, surely there's one or two experienced disabled presenters out there who know how to use an autocue.

It's not as embarrassing as Mark Cavendish on the beeb - the analysts actually seem to know the rules of their sports - but I wish the beeb had bid a few quid higher. Lotta people I know aren't watching purely coz of the ads and that's a bit shit.

I have not, no.

I think it's also suffering a bit from not knowing if it's a comedy show or a wrap up show. A lot of programmes have fallen foul of that one to be fair.

I think it was touted as a light-hearted/alternative review of the day's events. Maybe the British aren't familiar enough with him to know he's he a comedian. :hmm:

Here's the video

watch

The commentary for the opening ceremony was terrible and the ad breaks were infuriating. I don't understand why they can't move the ad breaks around so that they're done after breaks or whatever. ITV manage it with the football so I don't see why C4 can't manage it too.

I notice Balding popped up for the opening ceremony and when she did her bit the difference was night and day, she was only talking to the athletes while they waited in the queue but she was just a million times better.

The commentary for the opening ceremony was terrible and the ad breaks were infuriating. I don't understand why they can't move the ad breaks around so that they're done after breaks or whatever. ITV manage it with the football so I don't see why C4 can't manage it too.

I notice Balding popped up for the opening ceremony and when she did her bit the difference was night and day, she was only talking to the athletes while they waited in the queue but she was just a million times better.

Something I discovered how to use on my PVR during the Olympics was the trim function meaning I could cut a three hour Olympics programme down to an hour after cutting out stuff I wasn't interested in. Can't do this with all the adverts as it just takes forever :mad:

Something I discovered how to use on my PVR during the Olympics was the trim function meaning I could cut a three hour Olympics programme down to an hour after cutting out stuff I wasn't interested in. Can't do this with all the adverts as it just takes forever :mad:

I can imagine. I can't believe the adverts are cutting through races though, that's a piss take.

I can imagine. I can't believe the adverts are cutting through races though, that's a piss take.

Yep, Channel 4 may have had it's largest audience in 10 years with the opening ceremony but they're going to lose a lot of viewers with this nonsense I reckon

Adverts all the fucking time. Earlier there was an advert, then a 25 second 200m race, then 10 seconds of chat then another set of adverts. Fuck right off C4.

It's really quite appalling how frequently Channel 4 are either losing sound or the picture. Can't count how many times it's happened in the last two days :mad:

It looks like the equivalent of the red button option is only available to people with Sky, Virgin and Freesat, which is a bit of a pisser. They could at least dump the endless repeats on E4 and More4 for a couple of weeks.

Back
Top Bottom