Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Paralympics - Who's Going?

Anyone else just get an email about "your 7-a-side football tickets"?

I don't have 7-a-side football tickets. :confused:

I got one for an event I hadn't bought tickets for a couple of weeks ago but got an apology email later saying it was sent in error

Can anyone who's been advise on how long security takes at the olympic stadium? the website advises us to get there 2.5 hours before :eek: not keen on getting up that early...

Definitely don't need to leave 2.5 hours

Oh, and I got frisked last night and yet I wasn't wearing anything different (metalwise) than the night before and yet I set alarm off. Frisking was by a solder... female one though :D

I got that email too.

Can anyone who's been advise on how long security takes at the olympic stadium? the website advises us to get there 2.5 hours before :eek: not keen on getting up that early...
All the times I've been to the Park it's taken me a few minutes to get through security. It's walking from the station to the specific venue that takes the time; not 2.5 hours though. Luckily the stadium is right in front of the Stratford entrance (if that's the way you're coming). Other venues are considerably further away.

I'm off to last session in the Park (Goalball at 6.30pm). Dreading the walk :(

Hoping to get to some rugby but probably no luck, and that's even further away

just getting ready to go - baby and myself to the athletics. Then I might leave a bit early to see this on the way home:

http://www.jpf.org.uk/cms/files/the_japan_foundation_shishi-odori_press_release_(english).pdf

they're from my home town in Japan - my friend used to play with the other (of 2) troupes from the town and I once had a go and put on the (extremely heavy) costume etc. Would love to see them. Will see how knackered I am.

Enjoy. It's going to be roasting today.

Was thinking of going down the Southbank tonight so hope to catch something interesting happening tonight

Went to the stadium yesterday, courtesy of the wonderful and generous urban poster Baffled, and it was one of the best days i've had in years. just brilliant. watching iranian small athletes (apologies if that's an un-PC term, not sure what is PC) cartwheeling around the track celebrating their silver and bronze medals in the javelin, all to the strains of Joy Division was pretty fucking unreal.. :D And christ could those guys throw a javelin....

Really relaxed and happy vibe all over the park. kudos to the organisers. i was one of the doubters. not anymore.

Went to the stadium yesterday, courtesy of the wonderful and generous urban poster Baffled, and it was one of the best days i've had in years. just brilliant. watching iranian small athletes (apologies if that's an un-PC term, not sure what is PC) cartwheeling around the track celebrating their silver and bronze medals in the javelin, all to the strains of Joy Division was pretty fucking unreal.. :D And christ could those guys throw a javelin....

Really relaxed and happy vibe all over the park. kudos to the organisers. i was one of the doubters. not anymore.
I enjoyed Joy Division being played when I was there :)

gabi said:

Glad you enjoyed it and it is just a great place to be, as you say happy vibes all over the park.

Great day yesterday and sensibly I took a hat this time to avoid getting thumping headache from the sun :D

Queued for 35 minutes for a hog roast as well. It was cold :mad:

Back
Top Bottom