Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

How much are you enjoying the Olympics?

• Total voters
The spectators, they're just shit. I think I will get into it tomorrow but it will be hate filled rather than the happy celebration of sport it was. I think I called some one a cunt I'm not sure though I was thinking it so much it might of been my imagination :mad:

Was the person wearing a black and white uniform and a black hat? :hmm:

Was the person wearing a black and white uniform and a black hat? :hmm:
No I just stare through them when they try to let on. I did enjoy taking the piss out of a Welsh Fusilier and his goat, I mean he was really asking for it. I'm not all bad really just too many people gah!

Never thought i'd be glad to be unemployed. I've got well into it.
I fucking hate sport! I'm supposed to go to a social engagement tomorrow and I'm going to have to duck out of it to watch sport. I never thought I'd ever say that. I always thought I'd be able to resist this sort of thing. I shall never be an eidelweiss pirate :(

I can't credit that it was only this morning I was crying at Kat Copeland's face when she realised they'd won in the boat and now I'm sat sitting here, having finished crying at Jessica Ennis's medal ceremony.

Seems like
A) It was a fortnight ago that rowing was on
B) I am an irredeemable sap

Enjoy it cause this country will never experience anything like it again in most of our lifetimes.

I'm not that fussed now the cycle road racing is over. I was genuinely interested in that, everything else is just mildly diverting.

My most sappy moment was when Zac Purchase and Mark Hunter were in pieces after losing gold this morning and John Inverdale almost lost it too. And then Redgrave took them away like he was their dad. I had manly tears in my eyes at that point.

I'm enjoying it, as much as I hate the faux unity and patriotic shit I have to say the british winners all seem likable, indeed the UK's approach to athletics and the like seems to be in complete contrast to the football where they are hyped up stupidly only to fail.

And I challenge to find anything unlikable about Mo Farah.

been enjoying the womens football more than the mens, most likely cos the mens isn't took as seriously as an olympic event. Hoping Japan can win gold.

Also the Olympics is the only time you really get to sit in amazement at the gymnastics.

Yeah kabbes that was a proper tear-jerker tbf, with muscles and hair :) Where you been anyway? :hmm:
I wanted to step away from internet arguing. I have returned with a resolve to not get involved in internet arguing. I wish to revel in Olympic glory with you all though, because it's great.

As a curmudgeon I hate it.

As a current UK record holder (brackets, cycling) I love it.

I'm enjoying it, as much as I hate the faux unity and patriotic shit I have to say the british winners all seem likable, indeed the UK's approach to athletics and the like seems to be in complete contrast to the football where they are hyped up stupidly only to fail.

been enjoying the womens football more than the mens, most likely cos the mens isn't took as seriously as an olympic event. Hoping Japan can win gold.

Also the Olympics is the only time you really get to sit in amazement at the gymnastics.

lots I like about this post!

I have no doubt at all that there are certain brainless half wits who would tell you that a Somali born Muslim has no place calling himself British and that because he is a Somali born Muslim, he is shite.

The nice person in me feels sorry for such tragically thick, miserable, loathsome bastards. The "I think the Olympics are stupendous" part of me thinks we should line them up against a wall at Lords and let the sharp shooters do away with them.

I have always loved watching the Olympics, all the drama and joy and emotion and intrigue and politics! Even the negative aspects are interesting and worth talking about (the comercialization, nationalism, unfairness, drugs). Learning about all the different sports and all the different people involved is also fascinating.

These Olympics, of course, have been extra special!

I have no doubt at all that there are certain brainless half wits who would tell you that a Somali born Muslim has no place calling himself British and that because he is a Somali born Muslim, he is shite.

The nice person in me feels sorry for such tragically thick, miserable, loathsome bastards. The "I think the Olympics are stupendous" part of me thinks we should line them up against a wall at Lords and let the sharp shooters do away with them.

and give all the sharp shooters gold medals each :cool:

Back
Top Bottom