Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Who is going to win the 2018/2019 Tory Leadership election?

Who is going to win the 2018/2019 Tory Leadership election?

• Total voters
Of all the candidates, Boris is living in cloud-cuckoo land the most. The EU have made it clear their won't be any changes to Theresa May's withdrawal agreement, parliament won't allow for a no-deal Brexit, and we don't have time to leave the EU by October 31.

He's making promises he can't keep and him being the PM will be a disaster. I'd probably agree with him though that failing to deliver Brexit will cost the Tories dearly in the polls.
I think there's every chance the EU would renegotiate the deal with a more remainy PM/government (Tory,Labour, some sort of coalition). But there's no way they'll dance with raab, Johnson etc.

I think there's every chance the EU would renegotiate the deal with a more remainy PM/government (Tory,Labour, some sort of coalition). But there's no way they'll dance with raab, Johnson etc.
Agreed. That's what is needed. A no-deal Brexiter fantasist will only lead us to disaster. Only parliament could stop them then and sadly Labour lost what was a key vote today.

I'm not sure how well I will cope with this kind of reporting/fawning over Boris if it continues for long:

Boris Johnson and building a Brexit coalition

There is quite a lot of rehashing of things journalists said about Trump going on in there, some for good reason I suppose. The indestructible populist that survives scandals that would fatally damage everyone else, in the end everyone likes to hold their nose and back a winner etc.I hope this template comes undone sooner rather than later.

His supporters acknowledge tonight that allowing the crowd to jeer journalists who were asking legitimate questions was a misstep.

Thats got Trump parallels too, well not the acknowledging it was a mistake bit.

I did read that the party were skint, but I thought they were talking rich people skint which is where you are down to your last 4 mill or whatever.

boy, that was quick Belboid, bit like those on CIF who get the first post in!

Good to see McVey out

not sure Corbyn will be able to best Johnson.

Boris walking it to the members' vote, can't see Raab or below making the cut so Hunt or Gove. Clown monster, wooden plank or possessed Spitting Image puppet, what a choice. Though it's nice to see the Urban Brains Trust has been pretty close thus far.

Back
Top Bottom