Votes: 112 53.8%
  • Had covid-19 once

Votes: 63 30.3%
  • Had covid-19 more than once

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 14 6.7%

• Total voters
Not had it yet and I’ve been to football, gigs, pubs, packed tubes, restaurants etc.

1 day some time ago I had 2 very faint lines on LFTs but had no symptoms and tested negative on PCR.

Mrs Numbers hasn’t caught it yet either but everyone else in the family have.

Officially no but I've had lots of situations where I've clearly caught something over the past couple years and although I'm not as exposed as say, someone who travels on the tube to work in a primary school or something, there's a lot of potential vectors for it in my life. Mainly things like mates who've got corona fatigue rocking up at my house with an ugly cough then two hours later admitting everyone they work with has covid.

Not confirmed. I’ve had various symptoms at various stages over the past two years but every test came back negative. I think it’s unlikely that I have managed to escape it though and just done test at wrong time or got false negative etc.

It's hard to say. I've had 4 vaccines though.

Isn't it possible that I've been exposed the the covid-19 virus but the vaccine(s) have not let it mutate and so its been easily killed off by my immune system?

Or maybe I have had it but have been asymptomatic or had it so mild i didn't notice.

Not had it.

We look after a 2yo grandson three days per week and it has hit his nursery several times so not sure why we dodged it. Missus & I did the monthly Virus Watch blood tests which never detected Covid.

Not had it to my knowledge. I've had things that could be classed as mild symptoms a few times but never come up positive, so I guess I could have had it very mildly. Who knows though really? With WFH and not having kids I've probably had less chances to catch it than many but I've not been super-cautious by any means - I'm still expecting it to get me at some point tbh.

Recently so many people I've been in extended close contact with, have later called me to give the heads up that they've just been tested and have covid.

I've been at parties where many people have tested positive a few days later. I got a text last night from a friend letting me know she'd tested positive and we'd been sat shoulder to shoulder for 4 hours on Thursday and then I'd given her a lift home.

Almost everyone across the sector I work in has had it, plus I also work in schools and
hospitals. So many people off sick with it.

Qld definition of a close contact that requires you be tested, is just someone you live with.

In 2 years I haven't even had to have a covid test :hmm: obviously I'm not complaining but it's a bit weird.

Reading above ive probably just jinxed myself :D

Recently so many people I've been in extended close contact with, have later called me to give the heads up that they've just been tested and have covid.

I've been at parties where many people have tested positive a few days later. I got a text last night from a friend letting me know she'd tested positive and we'd been sat shoulder to shoulder for 4 hours on Thursday and then I'd given her a lift home.

Almost everyone across the sector I work in has had it, plus I also work in schools and
hospitals. So many people off sick with it.

Qld definition of a close contact that requires you be tested, is just someone you live with.

In 2 years I haven't even had to have a covid test :hmm: obviously I'm not complaining but it's a bit weird.

Reading above ive probably just jinxed myself :D
This has increasingly been my experience, too. The latest being a friend whom I'd hugged and might have shared a joint with who tested positive earlier last week. And I'm still asymptomatic and testing negative.

Still trying not to get complacent about it, though...

Quite a lot of people I know, including me, had a slightly strange illness in Feb 2020.

In February 2020 I felt that I was coming down with something on Friday night, and felt a bit rocky on Saturday, but I had been looking forward to meeting up with some friends that day, so I dosed myself with ibuprofen/codeine and went along. Had two drinks, felt miserable and went home. Spent the rest of the day and Sunday in bed. Went to work the next week, and survived 12-hour shifts dosed up with meds.

My usual once-a-year-or-less colds always follow the same pattern - nose runs like a tap on the first day, followed by a few days of random coughing and sneezing. This was different, but it wasn't the classic Covid symptoms either -- no shortness of breath, no cough, no loss of taste or smell. Just feeling like shit and the mildest of sore throats. I wouldn't have necessarily thought it was Covid, except that I tested positive for antibodies a couple of months later.

This has increasingly been my experience, too. The latest being a friend whom I'd hugged and might have shared a joint with who tested positive earlier last week. And I'm still asymptomatic and testing negative.

Still trying not to get complacent about it, though...

I have a feeling I've jinxed myself! Got a sore throat and feel like I'm getting a cold... :hmm:

I've had it once but I was out with a mate last night who hasn't had it - he commutes in central London, goes out drinking a lot, and he never caught it off his wife when she had it really bad.

Just a quick reminder this thread is for people who haven't had covid. So if you have had covid this thread is not for you.

Worked as normal all through the various lockdowns ( the joys of retail)....had a lurgy a couple of weeks ago which made me have 2 days off sick...first time i ever did any LF tests which were totally negative and it's the first time i had days off for illness in over 2 and a half years...

It’s a question whether you’ve had it or not
Just a quick reminder this thread is for people who haven't had covid. So if you have had covid this thread is not for you.
I intended it as an open question. As although as stdP mentioned the title might be influencing the poll results with a degree of self-selection... I was curious as to how unusual my own situation is since I hardly know anyone "irl" who hasn't had it. Wasn't aiming to have that impression proved right or wrong really.
All the poll options are up for discussion afaic & I'm annoyed with myself for not putting in a comedy option.

Would be interesting to see how many people who didn't get it from the first waves and weren't isolating due to work etc get it from Omicron b. I definitely dodged it for two years until this week and was using tube etc etc.

First time feeling a bit off, as in an incubating a cold way, in a good couple of years (after being at a packed gig on Friday). Did a covid test this morning, as I had to go into the office, but was negative. If it's early stages, is there much of a chance the result is false?

First time feeling a bit off, as in an incubating a cold way, in a good couple of years (after being at a packed gig on Friday). Did a covid test this morning, as I had to go into the office, but was negative. If it's early stages, is there much of a chance the result is false?

Yes, fairly likely.
Although there's other stuff going about. I caught some kind of lurgee a couple of weeks ago and now seem to have caught something else on top of it.

LFT's have been negative all the way through.

I also almost certainly caught the first one at a packed gig as it happens.

I’ve been feeling off all week, lft’s have been negative. No idea whether what I’ve got is a common cold, covid, or another virus :-/

I’ve been feeling off all week, lft’s have been negative. No idea whether what I’ve got is a common cold, covid, or another virus :-/

Mine went away after 24 hours, leaving a cough. Then I went out a couple of runs during the week (low temps) and it all came back on Thursday. Tired/persistent cough/ hot and cold/soaking bed sheets... Did another test but still negative.

Apparently not - weekly testing during lecturing periods, all negative in spite of students rubbing up against each other all weekend (or whatever they do) and then coming to class.

No symptoms either, to speak of. Had a bit of a sore throat last August.

Not me despite a sore throat, hoarse voice, cough, especially at night. The fatigue has gone and I do feel incrementally better but have had this since the 17th.

Back
Top Bottom