Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (pt7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mum came down for the day for a late birthday celebration meal thing for my son, so I made a buffet type thing....potato salad, salad, griddled marinated courgettes...then things on sticks....tomato and chutney sausage chunks with a little bit of mustard spread on each one, teriyaki salmon cubes and griddled ginger/garlic/soy king prawns....followed by a banana cake with chocolate fudge icing and whipped cream.

My bezzer laughed her arse off at my control freak side kicking in so much that the whole buffet idea was very quickly scrapped...all the finger food, presented on plates for people to help themselves to, was in the end just divvied up by me and shared out evenly...rendering the whole theme pretty pointless. :oops:
Tbf, if there had just been more I might have relaxed a bit, but the moment my son started demolishing the salmon bites (2 seconds after arriving at the table), something inside me just clicked :mad: ...and I was off...... :( :D

I am torn between Wildebeest and Zebra for my main course tonight, with perhaps Chilli and Garlic Locusts or Chocolate Covered Scorpion on the side :D
Has to be one of the most bizarre, but cool places I've been to eat! :cool: :D
I was boring and had a masaman curry (wish was lush!), but I did try a cricket... surprisingly very crunchy and tasted of nothing much apart from chilli!

Pollo tonato. Which is like vitello tonato but with chicken. Made by Alex B :cool:

Have googled this but no joy

So come on - spill

I got through the door last night to find half-drunk teenagers in my house, one of which was sobbing her heart out having been dumped by her b/f and the others were doing serious-teen drunk-counselling. So I fucked off the idea of pesto pasta, cracked open a beer, and sent them to the Indian takeaway for cheer-up food. I myself had a 'hot and spicy' chicken something or another (it was the hottest thing on the menu - wasn't very fucking hot:mad:), and sag bhaji - rarrrr

Then we had chocolate cake, and they had more voddie

Then sobbing teen vommed everywhere :rolleyes:

Then they kept me up til 2am being 'quiet' and shushing each other in fucking stage whispers :mad::mad:

erm, anyway, tonight I'll probably have pesto pasta

Vitello tonnato is cold thin slices of veal in a cold mayonnaise, tuna, caper and anchovy sauce. Doesn't sound that nice but it's really good. You can also do it with pork, turkey, chicken, etc.

A not very exciting jacket potato with beans, cheese and 1 quorn sausage as they have to be eaten and I'm not shopping as I'm festivalling this weekend.

I couldn't wait to eat, so just stuffed a triple decker toasted bacon and cheese butty down me neck

And now I've got chocolate cake and a cuppa

A Chicken Vindaloo from a Patak's sauce. I'm going to add extra onions, peppers, chilli and whatnot. Basmati rice.

Forgot to get any nan, as per fucking usual. :mad:

My turn to cook tonight so it's chips, eggs & beans. :) I'll go all exotic and melt some mexicana on the chips, add tarragon to the beans and fry the eggs in a little hot pepper sauce.

Cupcakes for desert.

pasta with creamy pesto, leeks, peppers and some smelly Spanish cheese. Later I shall be having strawberries and cream :oops:

i'm having curried lambs brain with raisins and nuts and rice along with a side dish of kidneys and mushrooms in a nice braised garlic/shallot wine sauce :)

mmmm

Last night me and my sister finished off our takeaway curries. She had chicken biryani and i has something called shorsha raja chingri which is minced king prawn with garlic, ginger, green chilli, corriander and mustard seeds. It was lush :D

No idea what we'll have tonight as we're going to the beer festival this afternoon. Probably go for a pizza.

one never serves rice and potatoes together :)

You haven't seen a good old British state school dinner recently have you? :rolleyes:

I took one of the kids plates back recently as it just had pasta (no sauce), rice and boiled potato on it. Oh actually there was a dollop of ketchup.

Dunno

Getting all a bit meh about food again lately. I suspect this may be hormonal, or it may be that my boss has just come back from hols and is being a complete fucking dick to make up for the time he's been away.

Possibly that noodle/pakchoi in lime&chili dressing/steamed coley thing

Possibly a fucking chicken burger on a bun with processed cheese slice :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom