Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
sojourner said:
Certainly modom:

Chunky chickpea soup

<snip>

I got this off a link on here. Not sure if you're a veggie or not, but I can assure you that this is fanbloodytastic

i is veggie.... :( wonder if you could make it without the meat... well, of course you could - but would it still be teh yummy! worth an experiment i guess!

crustychick said:

i is veggie.... :( wonder if you could make it without the meat... well, of course you could - but would it still be teh yummy! worth an experiment i guess!
I reckon so! I'd add a bit of smoked paprika to it for the flavour

Roasted red pepper, fennel and tomato stew with cannelloni beans. I OD'd on this on holiday as I made it every night to go with BBQ. But it's been a good 6weeks now so I reckon I can face it again. Delicious, very low fat and filling. Slurp! :D

I'm making a minced beef and onion hotpot. I put mustard and ketchup in it :D

In the oven now, will write it up on the blog if it is good.

We've just had lamb shank in redcurrant and rosemary gravy (waitrose), garlicky roast potatoes and roasted veg. It was lurverly.:cool:

I'm feeling very bloated at the mo but later we're having chocolate tart with clotted cream ice cream.:)

Last night we had toad in the hole and creme brulee.

It's Magic Sams birthday tomorrow and he's got to go to Blackpool so I'm spoling him tonight although he's out there doing the washing up while I watch eastenders.:oops:

tarannau said:
I've got some fresh broad beans waiting to be used at home, so some kind of broad bean pasta I reckon. Pancetta, bit of double cream and mint and that'll be it. Perhaps I'll assemble and then grill the top for a couple of minutes - none of that pasta bake you understand - with a gratin topping of breadcrumbs and parmesan.

Fresh broad beans in October? :eek:

tonite i'm havin' toast with jam and maybee a few hard-boiled eggs :oops:

i have some eggs that are about to expire

missfran said:
I'm making a minced beef and onion hotpot. I put mustard and ketchup in it :D

In the oven now, will write it up on the blog if it is good.

It was even better than I thought it was going to be. Rocking. Link to recipe.

Tomorrow I need to make something with cooked ham. Suggestions welcome.

^^^
Pasta, mushrooms and the chopped ham in a creamy sauce?
Too predictable? :( :D

Or a veg soup with the ham chopped into it?

Gonna bung some king prawns into the veg curry I made the other day and have it with with half a naan, heo's got the rest of his dhal and the other half of the naan and kids is having fishfingers, plot veg and home made oven chips/wedges.

Not sure

I have some exquisite spuds, and some sweet spuds in the fridge, which I could roast with garlic and rosemary, and an onion, but it doesn't seem enough

If I get the chance I might nip to the butchers and get a lamb chop or 2 to go with it

I'm gonna have cheese on toast with baked beans and probably some mushroomy scrambled eggs. That's whats in the house and that's what's gonna get eated!

Probably a stir-fry with the huge amounts of veg I've got in my fridge. Hendo's on nights again, and I can't be bothered to make something special if it's just me. :(

Well.

I reckon I’ll either microwave the portion of bangers, mash and broad beans that I’ve got in the fridge, or I’ll get some veg on the way home and do a thai red curry. Probably the latter. What veg are nice in a thai red curry then? Green beans? Bamboo shoots? Baby sweetcorn? Sweet potato? Peppers? Have I just answered my own question?

Whenever I try to make roasted veg it's never very nice :(

How do you do it? What oven temp? How much oil etc.....
I need roast veg in my life!

Sainsbury's fresh tortellini with mushrooms, grated cheese and green pesto, and some salad on the side. Nice, but the tortellini goes off after four days and I'm getting a bit bored of it now. :)

Sausage and butter bean casserole with fresh broccoli. Enough for tonight and tomorrow night. A Nigel Slater recipe I've had knocking about for ages but not been arsed to make until now... :)

Maybe some of my really quite healthy chocolate orange cake with crème fraiche for pudding…

Detroit City said:
tonite i'm havin' toast with jam and maybee a few hard-boiled eggs :oops:

I may be in love with you :cool:

No idea tonight, am skint so it will have to be something made of
corn on the cob
tomatoes
stilton
watercress
whipped cream

because thats all I have in the fridge :(

Either egg on toast, bacon sandwiches, cheese on toast, cheese omelettes or something like that.

I've got bacon, egg, cheese and bread - could you tell? :D

sojourner said:
Not sure

I have some exquisite spuds, and some sweet spuds in the fridge, which I could roast with garlic and rosemary, and an onion, but it doesn't seem enough

If I get the chance I might nip to the butchers and get a lamb chop or 2 to go with it
Well I got some money out to buy the lamb chops but then tried to walk past an independent record shop to get to the butchers. So I now have a couple of Elvis compilations (one with mono recording of Blue Moon on it :cool: ), a Screaming Trees album, and a Loretta Lynn compilation, and a very small, cheap pork chop :D

I'll do the pork chop with sage and garlic I think, and am listening to Elvis all the way home :cool:

Generic thai noodle dish which is just the leftovers from yesterday really...
I'm losing my "fresh and healthy" badge if I continue like this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom