Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Last night was tagliatelle bolognaise (soya and mushroom) which was lovely.
Tonight is the ‘come dine with me’ party. Finally decided on our dishes and prepped most bits. It’s gonna be a 6 course ‘small plates’ type thing. One plate per person. Full on poncey dining! One of ours is a Greek/turkish plate with mini seitan kebab on a mini flatbread with pickled chilli and red onion. Tzatziki (homemade yogurt and homegrown cuke). Small half aubergine imam biyaldi and a tomato fritter.
Other plate is delicata squash and roasted garlic risotto made into arancini with a spicy tomato sauce and cashew dip artfully drizzled with wild garlic oil and sprinkled with micro greens. 😂
The other peoples dishes are a surprise. Cannot wait!!

Curry delivery. I couldn’t get their site to work so ordered on just eat. I feel a bit bad as it ended up being so cheap it might have been an error.

We ordered a deal for 2 which is already a bargain then Just Eat took another 40% off.

Anyway, I had coconut everything, Ceylon, peshwari and coconut rice. 👍

Round 2 of the Bolognese sauce which I am turning into a pasta bake with the addition of fusilli and cheese sauce.
N has some quorn Bolognese leftover too so I'm doing enough pasta and cheese sauce to turn his into a bake that he can stick in the oven in the morning - easy filling meal sorted :)

Friday was vegetable gyozas with ramen and extra ginger, chillies, peppers and spring onions.

Yesterday was turkey and sweet potato curry with rice using a spice mix bought at Rafi's Spice Box in York. It was the Goan Green.

Tonight it will be chicken, leek and mushroom pie with a veg medley

I'm on quick tea myself tonight as I have to be up early in the morning to take my cat in to the vet for IV fluids.

I'm thinking a traybake - chicken breast in Cajun style seasoning, and roasted veg (potato, carrot, red pepper, red onion, courgette, bit of garlic)

Back
Top Bottom