Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Oh I see. I think. <3 them. hearts. I <3 hearts.

I did <3 hearts but Im not so sure about now.

Its been a long time, ok?

I had a fridge raiding buffet tea with pate and cheese and salad and humous and pickled onions and salami and olives and kimchee and gherkins. Lovely. Though I bet I proper hum now. :D

Maple ribs and chicken drumsticks with jacket spuds.

Just cheese and maybe a bit of red onion on the spuds.

Something cheap, healthy, veggie and filling. I've had far too much rich food and booze recently. I'm thinking of possibly veggie chili served with couscous, or some kind of sauteed veg and couscous mix. I've just got back from overseas and all my housemates are away so there's literally nothing in the fridge save for pickles and sour milk. :(

My boyfriend just turned up with more cheese than I know what to do with - sorted :cool::cool: biggerthancheesus.JPG

IMG_0289.JPG
Bento Box with crab dumplings, edamomo (?) beans, rice, and ginger chicken. It was yum BUT can you see that big bit of red pepper in the chicken? I accidentally ate it and my whole mouth, throat and stomach were on fire :-( It was actually painful.

I had poppadoms with lime pickle etc, a Chicken Chilli Masala, a Bullet Naan (new one on me, this - garlic naan with chilli baked into it :cool:) pilau rice, some Bombay Aloo, a little bit of bhindi bhaji, a couple of onion bhajis and five pints of Cobra. Was very good indeed.

Sounds amazing. What was the heart like?

We didn't know it was heart at first, it didn't really taste of anything, it was chewy/bouncy in the way a fungus is (Oh god, how do I know that!) and cut so thinly it was translucent, except that there was a colour difference where the veins were iyswim.

Callie, the meat floss was like a fluffy brown powder, which tastes meaty. :D :cool:

Spinach, mushroom and something else (probably sweet tattie) wellington type thing. Sick of rich Christmas food.

We are still working our way through the christmas gammon.
Just had some with eggs for brunch and am planning a ham and leek pie for the rest.

I tied the ham-on-the-bone-I-got-sick-of up in the hedge for the spuggies. I've had my quota of ham for a few months.

firky said:
I tied the ham-on-the-bone-I-got-sick-of up in the hedge for the spuggies. I've had my quota of ham for a few months.

I'm quite surprised I'm not sick if it actually.

Oh and, what's a spuggy? Bird?

Cumberland chipolata sausages, spicy chorizo pinchers, spicy red pepper and pancetta meatballs with mashed potato. If this sounds quite fancy, it's a party selection pack that I was going to hand round when everyone piled round mine for drinks on Xmas Eve Then I realised everyone was veggie. :D So now I'm having the whole fucking thing to myself. With mash. :cool:

I'm quite surprised I'm not sick if it actually.

Oh and, what's a spuggy? Bird?

Sparow. More sparrows in my garden than all the blue tits, finches, wrens, goldcrests and robins put together.

7409189152_c4232680a7_z.jpg

Back
Top Bottom