Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Fucking nowt from the look of things. :(

Too pissed up to drive and the Mr is in a bad mood so unlikely to pick up a take away. :(

Lovely, lovely meal at Hendo & Ms T's :) Started off with home made gravadlax, then a glazed bacon joint with a sweet potato gratin and red cabbage coleslaw and followed by a very grown-up chocolate cake that was really delicious.

New potatoes, salad, ham, turkey, cheese, biscuits, chutneys, crusty bread etc - am at my mum's, we're doing a post-xmas general grazing of leftovers and whatever needs eating up. Post-xmas food is awesome! :)

victoria station m&s tramps' buffet:
2 packets of yorkshire pud
2 scotch eggs
tub of pulled pork and chipotle soup
fruit pastilles

posh steak (i hope) at Marco Pierre white restaurant with champagne on the side :cool: Unfortunately i forgot to bring a change of clothes to work so will have to go in jeans and a trampy top :oops::mad:
Act as if you own the place and they'll fawn all over you thinking that you're rich enough not to bother with dressing up.

Went to a rather fancy place for tea for a meal with Mr Yu's colleagues (paid for by his work). We had:

Kung pao chicken
Dumplings
Steamed buns
Aubergine and mince in sauce
Beef, sort of almost jerky but not quite. With meat floss
A whole fish in soup with chillies and Sichuan peppers
Very, very thinly sliced pig's heart with cucumber :eek:
Steamed bamboo shoots
Mushy slices of beef with peas
Endame beans and fermented soya beans

Glutinous rice balls with red bean inside, covered in sesame seeds and deep fried. :cool:

Filled the freezer from yesterdays woopsie counter at Asda.

Tonight will be lamb hearts stuffed with some sort of herby, apricoty stuffing, with whatever veg needs using up first

Something cheap, healthy, veggie and filling. I've had far too much rich food and booze recently. I'm thinking of possibly veggie chili served with couscous, or some kind of sauteed veg and couscous mix. I've just got back from overseas and all my housemates are away so there's literally nothing in the fridge save for pickles and sour milk. :(

Went to a rather fancy place for tea for a meal with Mr Yu's colleagues (paid for by his work). We had:

Kung pao chicken
Dumplings
Steamed buns
Steamed bamboo shoots

Glutinous rice balls with red bean inside, covered in sesame seeds and deep fried. :cool:
Sounds amazing. What was the heart like?

Kung pao chicken
Dumplings
Steamed buns
Steamed bamboo shoots

Sounds amazing, whats the meat floss like :hmm:

My nan used to cook hearts, not sure which animal but I did like them.

Back
Top Bottom