Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

a smorgasboard of oddness.. we're clearing out the fridge/freezer in readiness for Christmas food.. so it's sausages/baked spud/gyoza/peri peri olives/feta cheese

I've got pork chunks and I've got korma paste. I thought shall I combine them? Bit weird. Turns out pork korma is proper thing and people actually eat it. So pork korma it is. With onions and Jimmie Noone on the radio (what's eating without tasty sounds?).

I did a sort of cottage hotpot. Beef mince, onions, carrots and broad beans underneath, sliced potato on top with a little bit of grated mousetrap.

katsu with breaded chicken breast and jasmine rice

It always looks like erm... yeah.

M8x6v.jpg

My folks are coming around later, so I've made a HUGE pan of really thick, chunky, ham broth and baked some fresh bread (out of a pakcet :D) to go with it.

Spilt barley all over the floor too so no doubt I have inadvertently fed some mice.

Yesterday I made a thick and hearty mustardy stew of pancetta, potato, grains and a few assorted end bits of veg. I grated cheese on top it was yummy.

Going to a Christmas thing - think it's going to be chicken. I'm bringing stuffing and I made pudding - a pear, banana, mandarin, marshmallow, chocolate and nut crumble. With custard.

Back
Top Bottom