Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

How do you
Potato dauphinoise.
Salmon for me and chicken for the boy.
Peas or salad on the side.
How do you make the potatoes kitty? One of my favourite potato dishes but only ever had it out.

I'm having toast, tequila and lemonade. Maybe some reheated cauliflower cheese from yesterday if I feel energetic :)

thinly slice tatties and bake with cream, a bit chopped garlic / shallot, and if you like, a bit parmesan on top. It's a doddle :cool:

How do you
How do you make the potatoes kitty? One of my favourite potato dishes but only ever had it out.

I'm having toast, tequila and lemonade. Maybe some reheated cauliflower cheese from yesterday if I feel energetic :)

Toast, tequila and lemonade sounds great!

I was to use this recipe http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/gratindauphinoise_72994 but we do not have cream and it's biblical rain out there at the moment.
If it calms down I will go get cream but if not we may have sauted potatoes instead :oops:

As it's a horrible night and one of our number is doing a night shift something hearty and that'll still be fine microwaved at about 3am.

I got some diced pork and cooked it with loads of onions and some sage in some stock. When it was succulent, flavoursome and done, I added loads of carrots and some haricots. It will be served with boiled potatoes.

masala-puri.jpg

Been to the dentist today and had a filling removed, and a temporary dressing put on. Dentist told me not to chew on that side of my mouth for a few days, so I am having a pasta bake - chorizo, yellow pepper, olives and tomatoes with cheddar & mozzarella topping.

ox cheek from the tramps buffet, not that its that expensive for a meaty lump anyway.

First time Ive tried it and it is lush, would definitely eat again - I just stuck it in the oven on a low heat for 2 hours with some mushrooms, parsnips, red wine, thyme.

I was worried that the dauphinose potato would be a bit shit but it was one of the lushest things I have ever made!
I recommend the recipe I posted!

Try pan haggarty next. And @mrsfran 's potato boulangere

I had sausages and mash and homemade onion gravy. And peas.

Back
Top Bottom