Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

It means, let's be reasonable and grown-up. Also, it can mean "you're wrong".

i think it's more than acceptable to drink wine at wine tastings. especially if the expectation is that you'll be buying. i've been to but a few in my short life, though at each one punters have been positively encouraged to drink.

i dunno, maybe you're stuck in the 90s or something, when people were all snobbish about that sort of thing? :confused:

i think it's more than acceptable to drink wine at wine tastings. especially if the expectation is that you'll be buying. i've been to but a few in my short life, though at each one punters have been positively encouraged to drink.

i dunno, maybe you're stuck in the 90s or something, when people were all snobbish about that sort of thing? :confused:
Jeez, I must be laying it on too thick. It was a joke with a nod to how pros do it - if you do proper wine-tasting of several wines drinking the samples would degrade your tasting ability. You crack on and drink as much as you like!

Jeez, I must be laying it on too thick. It was a joke with a nod to how pros do it - if you do proper wine-tasting of several wines drinking the samples would degrade your tasting ability. You crack on and drink as much as you like!

well i ain't no pro. just someone who likes the odd glass of vino :)

Bangers n mash with, erm, sweet potato and butternut squash. Which I wouldn't choose as the ideal accompaniment but will go off if I don't eat it. I'd prefer onion gravy really.

It's starting off with cheese, (chevre and camembert) crackers and St. Emilion.
There will probably be some of my usual stir-fry in a bit.

I've got some red cabbage stewing away with cooking apples, spices etc. I was hoping my neighbour would have some sausages / meat, but he is not playing tonight so it looks as if it's going to be eaten with smoked mackerel. :(

Have you tried the JUMBO scampi, firks? YUM, YUM, YUM :cool:
(It's on half price offer from time to time £2.50 a bag instead of a fiver....so I bulk buy it when it is :oops: :D )

We had baked potatoes with cheese and some salad last night....and the kids had the last of the pork, cubed up and fried, on the side.
They had lemon curd ice cream for pudding...I had BEER.

Fucking knackered today (Xmas dinner at work...hard old slog) and I gotta cart my daughter and two of her friends back up to the school again in half an hour for their XMAS DISCO...then back again at 7 to pick her up :mad: ....anyway...I knew I was going to be fucked today....so slow cooked some onions and garlic last night to make chicken/creamed corn/potato soup when I got back today...so that was nice and quick and easy and just what I fancied after getting soaked on the way home (and I've already eaten it cos I was STARVING :eek: )....just having an almond finger and a cup of tea for pudding.
Soup's ready for the kids when they want it (and I'm assuming my daughter will prob stuff herself full of cake/chocolate etc when she's there...so that's her pudding sorted....and my son can have FRUIT :p ).

Back
Top Bottom