Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Was going to make an uber thick and chunky broth but the barley I bought takes two hours to soak prior to cooking... so I might just have jacket tattie n cheese.

But chunky broth... mmmmmmm

hot dogs! :cool: *boogies*

I had dogs two nights in a row, one night I just microwaved them. The second night I did them properly with fried onions, finger buns, mustard, and chips :cool:

Was pretty good, hadn't had a plate of kids food for years :D

Saturday was roast pork, roast spuds, yorkshires, broccoli, green beans and gravy....with treacle sponge pudding and custard for afters :cool: ....went for a walk in the woods yesterday and stopped off at the cafe after and ate SHIT LOADS of delicious chips and a pile of chocolate coins :D so just did boiled eggs on toast later on.
Just used most of the leftover pork to make crispy soy pork/salad wraps....prob fruit shortcakes and grapes for pudding.

Cooking solo tonight, and I am thick with cold, so it needed to be something flavoursome. So I've mashed up half a tin of red beans with onion, garlic, sundried tomatoes, chillies, and chillies, and fried it to within an inch of its life before adding some red wine (homebrewed), and the rest of the beans. It'll all go with some brown rice I'm cooking, too. Low-GI :)

And I'm drinking chilli beer by way of an aperitif, though perhaps that's for a different thread.

I took some prawns out the freezer to make a stir fry but am already in my pjs under duvet... I might have the same as @firky but with added prawn

I'm dead proud of the roasted butternut squash risotto I cooked for me and doggy last night ... especially since I cooked it successfully with several pints of lethal Belgian beer inside me. :cool: :D

Fish with stir fried mushrooms, broccoli and yellow peppers. Attempting to get some vitamins in me before the Christmas eating season truly begins.

Last nights lamb roast was epic. Got a massive leg so sandwiches for lunch tomorrow (woke up late today) and then a curry with the other leftovers.

Tonight I shall mostly be eating beer.

Uni canteen again. :oops: Had scrambled egg with tomato, spinach something or other and mapo tofu. And Dong Bei style sweet and sour pork.

I want a curry... again (mmm paneer!) but I have some asparagus, mushrooms and potatoes that need using up. So I think I will make some proper chips to go with a fillet steak, garlic mushrooms and homemade onion rings.

Back
Top Bottom