Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Mrs R out at one of her Xmas do's, so me & the bigger littlun will have whatever she decides on. I'll guess chippy tea or pizza delivery. Cheese on toast 2nd dinner for the cheese obsessed tiddler.

Have the gf's parents over for dinner tonight. They never came over due to the shitty sofa we had. Now we have a nice comfy one, that's changed :D

Going to do some garlic king prawns in butter and parsley, gf will do a warm goats cheese salad as another side. Wild mushroom and thyme risotto and crispy pan friend salmon to accompany it for the main.

Probably some kind of offensively chocolaty cake and cream for afters :)

I heard on the radio once again that Asia continues to rise as the major super-economic power and will soon eclipse everything.

Well I for one welcome our new Asian overlords and I hope they bring lots of curry, paneer and ghee.

*making another curry*

What is it about veggie curries that are so amazing?

It depends. Not sure if Death Metal Magpie gets back from his three week UK tour after the last gig tonight, or tomorrow. It was his birthday while he was away so it'll be venison steak, chips, tomatoes and mushrooms plus a green peppercorn sauce when he gets back. If he's not back till tomorrow, probably pasta.

Actually I've thought this through now. Pasta tonight, because there's no way the family will get up for a sit-down family meal at 3am in the morning and I can leave a pot of pasta on the stove for a ravenous smelly bloke who's not had a proper bath, meal or clothes wash in weeks.

Massive success at the tramps buffet tonight, Waitrose really is tops for bargains.

As per the Xmas dinner thread I got a bargain rib of beef for crimble.

I also got peppery crusted steaks reduced and a massive New York cheesecake for £1.45!! It's enormous.

Anyway, for dinner we had the steak with chips, stuffed mushrooms and green beans. So lush!

First Xmas dinner of the season in The Turks Head in Penzance. Chicken liver parfait to start then turkey and all the other good shit you'd expect. Xmas pud with brandy butter. :cool:

Slightly weird one (don't go shopping when pissed :rolleyes: :oops: )

Half a steak, chips, stuffing balls and fried sprouts :D Tbf it was fucking lovely :cool:
I found a Chinese womans recipe for stir fried sprouts on the internet last year, when I'd bought too many for xmas lunch. Was very nice.

Easy dinner tonight as the mr is poorly and I've been in shopping hell all afternoon.

Filled pasta (beef and red wine ravioli I think) with lloyds tomato and garlic sauce and garlic bread.

Tonight was meal out with the in-laws in town. I had French Onion soup and Cassoulet :cool: Really fucking delicious :) Only very slight criticism was too much salt for me in the Cassoulet but that is being mega picky.

Death Metal Magpie returned from his UK tour. Got blue-lamped to A&E before 7am. Very rock and roll. Breathing difficulties caused by chest infection not helped by sleeping in a van without adequate bedding. He's home again, very sick but with antibiotics that look as if they were designed for a large carthorse. Got a takeaway. It's been a long day.

Death Metal Magpie returned from his UK tour. Got blue-lamped to A&E before 7am. Very rock and roll. Breathing difficulties caused by chest infection not helped by sleeping in a van without adequate bedding. He's home again, very sick but with antibiotics that look as if they were designed for a large carthorse. Got a takeaway. It's been a long day.
Bloody hell. Is this the lurgy that's been doing the rounds or something more srs?

Back
Top Bottom