Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

some kind of lentil loaf (currently under construction), with potatoes, bashed neeps & stir-fried brussel sprouts.... if I ever get finished with work.

Curry with microwaved rice as rice is impossible to cook.

some kind of lentil loaf (currently under construction), with potatoes, bashed neeps & stir-fried brussel sprouts.... if I ever get finished with work.

Are you back home now?

Does anyone anywhere think Hunters Chicken is in any way a good meal? Worthy of being called a dish?

It's just a bastardisation/anglicisation of chicken cacciatore isn't it? It's a chicken stew ffs - I'd blame the chef or lack of kitchen skills rather than the named meal itself.

Mac 'n' Cheese to an American recipe. With bacon and salad. Smells amazing and not sure I can wait for the Northerner to get home before I eat it....

I made a little stewing steak go a long way with the help of onions, carrots, pearl barley and towards the end, the last of some green beans and peas from the freezer.

anyone got any good recipes for brussel sprouts, like where they're the main part of the dish, rather than as a side dish? I have a lot of sprouts and a boyfriend to convert :D

Yes I do, usually with courgettes in as well as spuds.
The pies are lovely - very rich though! quite christmas dinnery.
I'm so fucking shit at making rosti. Stopped trying now - I just burn them or they're not done :(

Mmmm does look good that pie but you've got to buy a whole box of fucking pies from Pieminster, which puts me off a bit. Are they big enough for two?

Anyhoo - I'm gonna make a ribsticking winter soup with carrots, red lentils, onions, garlic, shredded savoy, bay leaf, thyme, dab of mushroom ketchup, spot of paprika. Fucking rarrr :cool:

But it's not Thursday so not curry night. Wetherspoons curry isn't too bad but it's just microwaved frozen packets.

I'm having garlic bread and salad. Yum.

You can still get curry if it's not curry night. I had it on a Friday last time. I think maybe it's just cheaper on Thursdays :confused:
Isn't all Wetherspoons food from tins/packets etc & stuck in microwave? It's kind of what i expect from wetherspoons

Garlic bread and salad sounds like a starter not dinner!

Back
Top Bottom