Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

killer b said:
the one time i had it, it was revolting. that may have been down to the 'chef' in the pub that served it to me though.

It is like me saying 'Divers Chicken' with a fish stuffed in a chicken next covered in HP sauce and olives. Frankly a shit dish eaten by fools.

Stir-fried stuff - with perhaps too much oil - using my "two pan method" ... garlic - red onion - mushroom - Chinese cabbage, soy sauce, mango chutney.
Prepared with my new 8 inch "cook's knife" and chopping board.

Washed down with some Cotes Catalanes I rescued from Tesco's fridge. (peasants :mad: )

I knocked together a dhal (red lentils, garlic, various veg and spices) hoicked some meat samosas out of the freezer and fried 'em up (not bad actually, a British Asian brand via Asda) and pitta bread in lieu of Naan.

Veggie and bacon stew, cooked in red wine, with added mung beans since I can't get lentils here. Will add a few drops of cream near the end I think. Served with brown rice.

Bit naughty in the village minimart, I bought some beef to make a large, warming winter casserole.
Naughty, because out goes the cholesterol diet this week - what can I have healthy to balance it ?

Bit naughty in the village minimart, I bought some beef to make a large, warming winter casserole.
Naughty, because out goes the cholesterol diet this week - what can I have healthy to balance it ?
Avocado drenched in olive oil. Both full of the kind of fat which improves your cholesterol profile (hdl to ldl ratio).

Cut 'em in half and fill the hole with olive oil. Add salt, pepper, vinegar to taste. Eat with a teaspoon.

Roast chicken, roast potatoes, carrots, sprouts, maybe some savoy cabbage if I can face the walk to the end of the garden, and gravy.

Leftover cheesy broccoli, cauliflower and pasta from last night. What a relief to be able to have the same thing two nights in a row and not have to cook. My boyfriend's gone away - he always wants something new every day!

Back
Top Bottom