Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Mushroom ravioli with tomato/basil sauce and some garlic doughballs. All prepared by Mr Waitrose cos I'm tired and cold.

Roast pork shoulder with perfect crackling, roasted tatties, roasted carrots, parsnip & shallotts, stuffing, gravy & apple sauce.
Nom!

I did a sort of cassoulet which is very good, if I say so myself.

Decent sausages, bits of bacon, shallots, onions, mushrooms, carrots, celery, black-eyed beans, broad beans, shredded savoy cabbage, wholemeal soda bread crumbs for the thickening, thyme, bay leaves, black pepper and tomato puree for seasoning.

I was very miserable this evening.. so OH made one of my favs.. a sort of baked spinach, feta and spring onion ensemble.. with olive bread. He's ace.

and we drank @Biddlybee's prosecco... I was supposed to take it to craft club Christmas do, but couldn't make it, one of the reasons for my misery... sorry Biddly... I'll get some more for next time we meet.

alright all :) I'm just back from 2 weeks in Thailand where it was 33 degrees to a chilly -3 here in Berlin :D

so, tonight will be a warming (and low-cal-ish) carrot & lentil soup with nice fresh bread

Mashed spuds, veggie pies, steamed savoy, mushy peas, and gravy :cool:

Then homemade flapjacks made with dried cranberries in for afters, nom

Erm - yum! I'd never made cheese sauce before but it was easy and so good! I used gauda and a bit of blue cheese and some worcester sauce for flavouring. Now this is comfort food!

Back
Top Bottom