Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Roast chicken. roast potatoes, baby carrots and sprout tops :cool: Accompanied with gravy and bread sauce :cool: :cool: Followed by the last of my (rather excellent might I say :oops:) apple crumble with cream :cool: :cool: :cool:

*fat*

You definitely need to save some to have with coleslaw.

AND save some MORE to have in fresh rolls with mustard, mayo and cucumber <3 :cool: :D

We had a stir fry.....chicken/asparagus/green beans/broc/mushrooms/beansprouts/spring onions...and a sauce made from blended fresh coriander/garlic/creamed coconut/oyster sauce/chicken stock/lime juice/soy sauce/turmeric/sugar...with rice.

BBQ Doritos for pudding :oops:

I maded:

Roasted poussin in garlic and rosemary, with asparagus, beans and sun-blushed tomatoes.

Lemony, honey and garlicy butter sauce type thing to go with it too.

:cool:

I am hungry again. There's not much meat on a spuggy :(

Shredded duck with sesame braised Chard, stewed red onion and pepper, jasmine rice.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354476638359.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354476638359.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 10
Kids wanted hot turkey, stuffing & gravy sarnies, so thats what we had, with roasties dunked in gravy.

£4 for a 2kg whole turkey leg, slow roasted for 2.5 hrs and then braised in gravy = WIN

Still plenty of meat & stock left to make a turkey, veg & noodle soup for tomorrows dinner.

Spag bol for tea tonight. I'm so excited, it's really rare that we have mince and pasta in the house at the same time and it's been ages since we last had it.

Sunday lunch with attendant parents was roast chicken with roast potatoes, asparagus & carrots, Yorkshires, bread sauce, steamed cabbage & gravy. Vanilla cheesecake for pud.

Tea was Welsh rarebit.

Tonight will use the leftover chicken for Thai chicken & cashew & sticky rice, dal & rice for the veggie.

last night i had frozen fish in batter which i haven't bought or eaten in years. It was yummy :cool: (despite the fact it was only 45% fish....:hmm:) And rice and loads of veg on the side.

Tonight not sure. Still got loads of veg to use up. Maybe tuna.

We had PIES. PIES and CHIPS. Steak and ale for my son and chicken, bacon and leek for me and my girl....they were a bit disappointing in the end though. :(
Why do shop bought pies NEVER cook through properly on the bottom :confused: ....soggy fucking pastry every time....stick it back in for 20 minutes more till the top's burnt to fuck and it's still practically raw underneath...grrrrr! :mad:

There's a chocolate fudge brownie milkshake (something like that anyway :hmm: ) for pudding for the kids....I'm gonna have a cup of tea and a couple of biscuits...fruit shortcakes, I reckon :cool: in fact, I might have THREE! :mad:

Did you heat your baking tray before putting the pies on it? No, thought not :mad: don't you malign the mighty pie within my hearing :mad:

Macaroni, spinach and 4 cheeses here, with roasted brocc and a tomato salad.

Another unsatisfying but nutritious meal.
Fried onion and mushrooms with salad sprouts chucked in at the end
With Geeta's pineapple chutney.

we tried Orzo pasta with pesto and other gubbins today - slightly put off as the Orzo starchy water looked too much like Jizz. Now worrying about what the extra ingredients might be.

Ended up with a veg, red lentil, white wine and chorizo stew. It's nice to use red lentils, they cook really quickly.

Pasta with asparagus and broccoli cooked in creme frache and pesto. My dinners are getting very monotonous, I need to cook more varieties of things. I'm getting super bored of pasta, curry, stew/soup and chili.

I had Hairy Bikers' sausage casserole for three meals within 24hrs now, dinner lunch and dinner :D It really deserves the hype, it's so scrumptious and succulent.

Why do shop bought pies NEVER cook through properly on the bottom :confused: ....soggy fucking pastry every time....stick it back in for 20 minutes more till the top's burnt to fuck and it's still practically raw underneath...grrrrr! :mad:
With a shop pie, when the top's done I turn them over in the pie dish.

Have a guest for tea, and he cooked us a lovely three course meal when we went to his, so:

Cheesy polenta and roasted veggies
Parmigiano melazane
Eton Mess

Some kind of stew that I cooked a week or so ago and has been in the freezer but I can't remember what it is...beef and shallot maybe!? Plus mash and peas.

Back
Top Bottom