Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Chinese tonight - Chef's Special in Hot Chilli Garlic Sauce, Deep Fried Salt Chicken Chilli and Chilli Salt Chips. I reckon I'm getting my all important five a day of chilli and salt with this meal.

Roasted butternut squash & gruyere risotto

ty3ymyhu.jpg

I note that there is no comment on what this actually tasted like - please enlighten us - would you make it again?
Well, it's at least the tenth time I've done it. It's got to be proper ginger beer though, cloudy, made with real ginger. Really delicious. I have no truck with any form of cola though. I can't bear it as a drink, so I just wouldn't use it for anything else, although it's good for getting the tarnish off copper and brass.

Steak and the last of the cauli cheese :cool: Had some sort of caramel pud that we got off the M&S meal for £10 as well. But still have the chicken and veg for tomorrow. Win :cool:

Tea, I knew I forgot something. :facepalm:

It's now a toss up between porridge, buckwheat pancakes, or biscuits from the corner shop. :(

Chicken in creamy mushroom sauce. I was going to have rice with it but we had chilli and rice last night and have leftovers for lunch.

It'll probably be some sort of potato and green beans.

Not sure. Other half is doing a gig so I have no idea what time he'll get back, so summat that can cook in minutes, or improves with reheating.

Uni canteen again. :oops: Had stir-fried tomato and scrambled eggs, aubergine with beef and green peppers, stir-fried veggies and the North-Eastern version of sweet and sour pork.

Yu was there you didn't like it? I just know I would starve in China.

I've kind of learned to eat around the unsettling bits and pick out the edible bits of a dish. :oops: It must be hard to be a veggie or have a food allergy, but otherwise I think you'd be OK. :)

I'm going to do a big pot of veggie chili and then freeze it into portions for the rest of the week. Quorn mince, onions, two types of beans, mushrooms, chopped carrots, spinach. I forgot peppers, but there's literally no way in hell I'm venturing out of the flat again today. :cool:

You definitely need to save some to have with coleslaw.
Another vote for pork with slaw.

I decided to put my foot down and we had it with jacket spuds and coleslaw.

I rubbed it with cayenne, cumin, cinnamon, brown sugar and salt, and cooked it on a bed of onion & garlic. I used ginger ale for the liquid, although I'm not sure if it added anything. I wanted to do it in proper firey spicy ginger beer, but I couldn't get hold of any. Maybe next time.
Clean plates all round - a definite winner :cool:

Back
Top Bottom