Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I have a mad craving for creamed leeks - so am gonna do pesto fusilli and creamed leeks. I might even do some steamed kale (I know - odd combo, but I just really fancy it, body must need it). We have sundried tomatoes too so maybe a couple of them on the side :cool:

Fella got bread, so beans on toast :cool:

HURRAH! :cool: :D

My daughter has a birthday sleep over tonight...so will just give her and her friend something snacky before dropping them there later, in anticipation of them stuffing themselves with lots of unhealthy party food :D

And with that in mind, I took some king prawns out of the freezer for me and the boy :cool: along with a small hunk of chinese pork belly...and I have some beansprouts left from his spring roll shopping list, as well as lots of other bits of veg, so am going to do a noodle soup for us before HE goes off to his youth club (where he'll ALSO stuff himself with more food, most prob :hmm: ).

Tea was a proper banquet, with big round tables with the whirly bit in the middle that makes all the dishes go around. :cool: There was sweet and sour pork, some kind of Sichuan thing of chillies with some possible meat/possible mushroom, soft beef in cabbage stew under soft, maybe steamed pig skin? Cabbage cooked with corriander, pickled cucumber with probable liver, slightly kimchi-like cucumber, purple rice, big prawns in batter and prawn crackers, an odd soup. Mochi with sesame seeds for pudding. And masses of baijiu for toasts. :oops::cool:

Nah you'd find stuff to eat :D

I am gonna have this I reckon

4248810739_f1f5dd1826.jpg

It might be lamb! :p

Change of plan here...just cos I'm taking the kids out for a chinese meal tom...and we had a chinese takeaway on Tues...so the noodle soup seemed a bit excessive :D so going to cook some part-baked baguettes and have half with some garlic king prawns and half with the sliced chinese pork belly...with mayo/lettuce/cucmber...I am LOOKING FORWARDS TO IT! :cool:

I reckon I'm also going to get a big bag of Friday night crisps on the way back from dropping the girls off...probably bacon streaks for me *excited*

dunno - out again for dinner, which is good (going out/catching up with people), but bad - more money spent, large quantities of food eaten (probably not very healthy)

Back
Top Bottom