Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

A Subway with not enough sauce as I have football. I think next evening game I may just get a portion of chips and have done with it.

I wasn't sure this would work, but BL has just declared it a triumph :)

I chopped up some small strong onions, cut the rind off some Middle Bacon, put the rind under the grill, chopped the bacon and cooked it with the onions in some butter till the bacon was cooked and the onions all melty. I then chopped up a load of curly kale and cooked it (wash well, drain the water off, put it wet into a saucepan with a tight lid and steam it). I cooked up some tiny pasta shells (the kind you put in soup). I drained the pasta and then stirred in the kale and bacony onions till they were well mixed adding a few chilli flakes and some ground black pepper. Then I crumbled up the crispy bacon rinds (remember them?) on top as a garnish.

I wasn't sure this would work, but BL has just declared it a triumph :)

I chopped up some small strong onions, cut the rind off some Middle Bacon, put the rind under the grill, chopped the bacon and cooked it with the onions in some butter till the bacon was cooked and the onions all melty. I then chopped up a load of curly kale and cooked it (wash well, drain the water off, put it wet into a saucepan with a tight lid and steam it). I cooked up some tiny pasta shells (the kind you put in soup). I drained the pasta and then stirred in the kale and bacony onions till they were well mixed adding a few chilli flakes and some ground black pepper. Then I crumbled up the crispy bacon rinds (remember them?) on top as a garnish.
Kale and bacon - you might want some mustard with that. Sounds lovely either way.

Hairy Bikers sausage casserole. I've got most of the people I work with to sample the wonders of this recently and have converted them to its rich meaty wine-drenched ways. Nice bit of crusty French bread to go with it and some decent red to wash it down.

Gave this a go last night as you keep on about how good it is :)

It was great, really hearty, wish I'd done some mash to go with it though, that would have been perfect. I did ignore one bit though - why would you cook the sausages, bacon, onions, wine, stock etc in one pan, and then move the whole lot to another for the final cooking? In theory you should be able to mostly deglaze the pan, but at least some of the lovely dark bits stuck the bottom would be lost and you have to wash up two pans :mad:

Anyway, we'll be having that again.

Tonight is spaghetti aglio olio

Vegetable and pearl barley casserole for me - but a ready meal version, not home-made. I will be doing the first stage of the pickled-onion-making process tonight though, for Christmas gifts.

Made a beef/red wine stew last night. Started it as soon as I got home and then we blitz cleaned the flat so 3 hours cooking time in total. Was epic. Both me and the gf have leftovers for lunch.

Tonight, I'm taking my brother to the Turkish kebab place in Ladbroke Grove. The lamb chops are too good!!!

We had a chinese last night....too knackered and fucked off to cook and we deserved a treat :cool:

SLIGHTLY stupid though cos my son's making spring rolls at school today :facepalm: :D ....so tonight it'll be those with the little bits of leftovers from yesterday (salt and chilli ribs, sweet and sour chicken balls and prawn crackers, I think), unless the spring rolls are not nice :D :oops: (that's what HE said, mind...I said I was SURE they'd be lovely! :cool: ;) )....in which case we'll have a chicken/sweetcorn/potato soup with loads of cheddar (I fancy that anyway, tbf! :( ...but if not today, tomorrow!).

Have brought them back a couple of puddings from work too....a chocolate cheesecake and some some of chocolate custard pudding thing :hmm:

I got some prawns out the freezer this morning but I don't know what to do with them.
Probably a prawn pilau type thing.
My cooking mojo has derserted me atm :(

Back
Top Bottom