Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

My mum has been living with us for the last 9 weeks and she's moving out tomorrow.
So to make the most of still having a live in babysitter me and the bloke are going out to eat tonight.
Not sure what I'm hvaing, but I am hoping it will involve chips beacuse I really fancy them.

I'm planning on cooking a big cheap veggie curry tonight and freezing it into lots of portions. Rice, lentils, chickpeas, miscellaneous veg (probably potato and carrot and peas).

Got my daughter's friend over...doing a pasta bake with the last batch of tomato/basil sauce.....with a layer of chicken breast (which I sliced and fried first with some thyme/black pepper) and mozzarella....and more mozzarella and some pecorino on top. BROCCOLI on the side and mini magnums for pudding.

Tonight I have a plan, but not one I want :facepalm: :D

I want soj's tea, curled up on the sofa with spag bol... instead I've got a brother coming round, so sausages with wedges I think, either cider sausages or just oven done sausages... the second is easier tbh if a little boring :oops:

Tonight I have a plan, but not one I want :facepalm: :D

I want soj's tea, curled up on the sofa with spag bol... instead I've got a brother coming round, so sausages with wedges I think, either cider sausages or just oven done sausages... the second is easier tbh if a little boring :oops:
Urgh, I hate it when you've got to do something, even when you love the person, but all you wanna do is have alone time and eat what YOU want

Did pasta shells with an onion, garlic, tomato, chopped Polish sausage, courgette and bell peppers sauce. Smidge of chipotle chilli too.

I made the lentil/veg soup. Plus falafel from instant falafel mix on the side. I brought it purely because it was 'Rimmer' brand falafel mix :D

how did they go? recipe?

lovely :)

chicken breasts slit and a sort of cavity made as best you can - fuck hammering 'em and clingfilm

butter mixed with lots of garlic, some tarragon and parsley. shove it inside the hollow chicken.

dip in flour, beaten egg and some seasoned breadcrumbs (with a bit of thyme).

browned off in a pan then baked for half hour

Marinating some salmon in heated crushed spices,chilli, lemon juice and garlic and tomato puree will bake later and have with brown basmati rice, steamed butternut squash-marinated in orange juice and some broccoli. Quite adventurous for a Thursday.
Delicious:D Thanks TruXta and Cesare for the idea. Had it with quinoa that was cooked with a miso soup, instead of rice.

I have broccoli, leeks and some eggs (which got broken by the delivery man yesterday) to use up, so probably a quiche, but really I want donkeys bums.

Used Wensleydale in the quiche, wasn't sure it would work but twas lovely.

9y4a6azy.jpg

Got a portion of meatballs out the freezer this morning (woohoo I remembered :D), so that with either pasta or rice, I'm leaning towards rice for some reason :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom