Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

@cesare 's salmon curry was immense! I altered the spices somewhat - used fennel, black mustard seeds and coriander seeds, plus turmeric, Sri Lankan BBQ curry mix and lots of chili&garlic paste.
Mmmmm love lots of chilli and garlic-I would probably add lemon juice/rind as well-yeah I'm getting into this idea and will be Thursday's tea:)

Sausages in a roll with fried onions, tomato sauce and herbs. Sweetcorn carrots and cauliflower for veg. Jolly good it was too.

Went to the uni canteen with some tupperware and got take away. :oops: We are having: Chicken with aubergine, chillis and assorted veg and that kind of velvety chicken with green beans in a black bean sauce. And brown rice which I am making right now. :cool:

Sausage casserole tonight, with mash for us and steamed potatoes for the boy.
Although he has relaxed his vehemently anti-mash stance of late and will now eat mash on top of a shepherds pie, so there is hope for the future :cool:

Veggie spag bol for the littlun, Thai chicken and cashew curry for us.

Much as I love looking at this book, it's so complicated that I can't cook anything from it during the week.

GetImage

So I haven't been cooking Thai. I just bought Mrs R a 30 minute Thai cookbook as she wanted easy to follow recipes and it's a winner. Tonight's dinner can be prepped and cooked while the sticky rice cooks, which is just what we need while stupidly busy at the mo.

It falls between all categories, is neither lunch nor dinner nor home-baked, but I need somewhere to brag about my afternoon tea-break snack, so I might as well do it here:
Toasted pancakes with posh vanilla yoghurt and sliced banana. Yummylicious!

Veggie spag bol for the littlun, Thai chicken and cashew curry for us.

Much as I love looking at this book, it's so complicated that I can't cook anything from it during the week.

GetImage

So I haven't been cooking Thai. I just bought Mrs R a 30 minute Thai cookbook as she wanted easy to follow recipes and it's a winner. Tonight's dinner can be prepped and cooked while the sticky rice cooks, which is just what we need while stupidly busy at the mo.

I've got his Thai street food one....and similarly, it all looks fucking gorgeous, but a lot of the recipes are very LONG :D plus, it's the size of a fucking TABLE :eek: so takes more energy hauling the thing out (from it's spot behind the dirty washing basket...it's waaaaaaay too big for any bookshelf) than it does to cook :( ONE DAY! :mad:

Just me tonight :cool: ....so beer, then a kidney and mushroom stroganoff, with green beans and a slice of wholemeal toast. :cool:

I don't have the money to go shopping til I get paid.

I have a list of things in the freezer, so trying to use them up. I have got bangers out the freezer to make tea for my brother tomorrow :D

Leftover boiled King Edwards from last night put in a leek and cheese sauce plus bratwurst plus red cabbage & apple. It was very good

stir-fried pak choi and mushrooms with garlic, soy sauce and Geeta's pineapple chutney.
Dorset Chevre cheese and crackers
Thierry Boudinaud Pays D'Oc Malbec.

Back
Top Bottom