Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Did a roast yesterday....chicken, roast potatoes, yorkshires (ready made), broccoli and gravy and I also roasted a load of courgettes, carrots, red onion and garlic which I blitzed today with the chicken stock for soup which we had with garlic bread. Kids had cookies for pudding.

And I've got a secret curly wurly in the cupboard for myself for later :cool:

I'm envious of your cupboard curly wurly :( even though I had a vanilla and chocolate Gu cheese cake for pudding after my orange and soy chicken stir fry with coconut rice.

Quoady- is that supposed to be two courses in one dish- it looks like something willy wonky dreamed up....

Quoady- is that supposed to be two courses in one dish- it looks like something willy wonky dreamed up....
:D

Both are savoury crumbles. There's nothing dessert-y in either dish, though Artichoke's dug into her crumble, which is why you can see a mess of vegetables in front of a load of crumble top. (Mine took about 15mins longer to cook, because I'm not a vegetarian, had diced up enough root veg to make my own separate / meaty crumble, and didn't fancy raw pork food poisoning).

The crumble topping for both the round / brown and white / rectangular dish is, erm, 3x(75g wholemeal flour, 25g butter, 40g breadcrumbs, 40g parmesan, 37g pumpkin seeds, 37g sunflower seeds).

The contents are herbs (garlic, rosemary, sage, thyme), root veg (white-fleshed sweet potato, red onion, butternut squash, carrots, beetroot), pulses (borlotti beans, butter beans), and then EITHER cauldron veggie sausages (white rectangle) OR sweet chilli sausages and extra chilli flakes (red circular).

e2a: should probably add: that's 2-3 days' eating, each. I'll be breakfasting, lunching, and dining on my crumble tomorrow. Artichoke'll be doing well if she's got through hers by the time she leaves for Paris on Weds, and I'll eat any of her leavings :D

Baked tatties. We had baked beans last night (with the gourmet macaroni cheeeeeese obv) so the hordes have decided they don't want them again. Weirdos. Will probably get some coleslaw in. We also have some goats cheese and Gruyere knocking about which might go on.

Have a strong craving for more Spanish omelette, so that. Have a couple of left over spuds, got onion, some leftover grated mozzarella to go on top of it, frozen peas...and I REALLY want some steamed spinach to go with it, so I'm gonna get some - this poorly sick body DEMANDS protein and iron!!

I really want some spinach now :hmm: I have feta in the fridge... but no inspiration or particular arse to stop at the shops :facepalm:

The kids have just had a WEIRD DINNER...some left over roast potatoes with the last of the smoked sausage which I stuck in the oven while I cooked some shredded sprouts in some chicken stock and butter...and bulked out with half a packet of noodles. :D
My son said it was delicious, lol :hmm:
They also had some summer fruit cheesecake pots I brought home from work.

Wasn't enough for me, so think I'll just have 2 boiled eggs on a bit of toast :-/

That is a very weird dinner! : D

My husband is on his way back from Torquay (he could have flown to the states quicker!) so tesco tortellini and arrabiata sauce when he eventually gets home.

Think I got mushroom and ricotta and tomato and basil so one of those.

@cesare gave me the recipe for button's salmon curry, so I'll do that, with yesterday's dal on the side.
Hmmm salmon curry-not sure about that-put the recipe up and I will give it a go cos as it happens I have a load of salmon in the freezer.

I am going to have shepherds pie or bangers and mash with mushy peas and gravy-not sure yet-see how I feel when I get in from aerobics.

Hmmm salmon curry-not sure about that-put the recipe up and I will give it a go cos as it happens I have a load of salmon in the freezer.

I am going to have shepherds pie or bangers and mash with mushy peas and gravy-not sure yet-see how I feel when I get in from aerobics.
Bah, it's in yesterday's drag somewhere. Basically, make a tomato-based curry sauce with browned onions and whatever you have of relevant spices to it - pour that over salmon and bake for 20 mins on 180, finish with coriander.

Last night I had a concoction of my housemate's devising which was incredible, though it sounds weird...leftover onion soup cooked into sort of a solid cuboid thing with turkey and oatmeal and spices. Oh my god. So very very tasty. :cool:

Dunno boy was supposed to be cooking but the poor fucker is still at work. I've only just got in myself so prob pizza or fish fingers, chips and peas (whats in the freezer)

Back
Top Bottom