Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Tofu and veg stir fry and rice.
Veg to go in the stir fry will be broccoli, spring onions, red and orange pepper and the ubiquitous runner beans.

Duck.

Well - maybe, I have had a fair bit of meat the last few weeks as I need the calories (4,000+ a day) at the moment but I am getting a sick of having meat nearly everyday. Quite fancy nothing more than a poncy salad but I am not going to get my calories :(

You could add cheese and olives and plenty of dressing to up the calories

Chicken/king prawn/pak choi/mange tout stir fry in black bean sauce and rice..bit of a weird meat/seafood mixture but there was only one chicken breast left so I thought I'd bulk it out with the prawns (for me and my boy...cos my daughter won't eat them)..but then my daughter got invited to a friends for tea anyway :D :facepalm:

Cottage pie (with a goodly dollop of horseradish in the the mince & onions) topped with grated cheese and served with French beans and petits pois.

Pasta n cheese
268DCE9A-0E9D-4A36-9593-3505EAD0FB20-1401-000001AB93FBD9EA.jpg

Leftover sausages sliced into a pan of green peppers, mushrooms and courgette. With sweet chili sauce.

:D
It's gnocchi sardi cheese, to be pedantic
Thank f*ck for that! I thought they're some sort of nutritional maggotty thing... a new fangled popular pasta topping I'd not yet heard about.
It's definitely going to be macaroni cheese tonight though.

Having steak tonight with mushrooms, shallots, garlic, thyme and a quick pan sauce with some beef stock.

I just sent this to a friend, the fish stew I made a couple of weeks back. Thought it rude not to share :)

Haddock fillets
Salmon fillets
Prawns
Tomato juice half pint
Water half pint
Fresh Thyme
Olive oil
Fish stock cube
Paprika
Butter
Flour

Cut the haddock and salmon into chunks. Along with the prawns, put them in a large bowl. Marinade in olive oil, paprika and put a few sprigs of thyme.

Make a blond roux with the butter and flour. Once it's cooked add the water/tomato juice mix a little at a time and keep stirring to avoid lumps, to form the basis of the stew. Add in the fish stock cube and dissolve. Bring to the boil and allow to reduce and thicken slightly. Add the fish and allow to poach for a few minutes, check for seasoning, serve!

Back
Top Bottom