Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I really don't know what I want, only had 1,800 calories today so I need another 3,000 and it is so hot I don't feel like eating anything huge.

With feeding kids with CP and similar conditions where swallowing and chewing was a struggle we just upped the fats a bit. Butter on veg, peanut butter etc. High calorific content.

I do all that, butter on everything. Chips done in beef dripping, even taken to putting cream in my coffee rather than having it black. 2 pints of jersey milk a day, one of which is with a full English each morning (that is costing me a fortune!).

Which is what struck me, if I wasn't getting SSP and DLA, there is no way I could afford to feed myself with the enhanced calorific requirement needed. So if you're on benefits and convalescing, and your calorific intake has to be twice that of an adult's RDA - you're not going to get better, just waste a way.

Thought of making your own ice-cream? Double cream, sugar, nuts, caramel etc etc. Loads of recipes online, all you need is a fork, a freezer and a tupperware container.

It's funny you should say that, I was looking at Ice-Cream makers on Amazon last night. I am quite tempted to buy an expensive one with it's own refrigeration unit and make a right clarty mess in the kitchen.

First though I thought I'd start the way you describe and make some ice-cream with malt-extract (that I eat by the spoonful from the jar), and clotted cream :D

My appetite at the moment is like that of ten teenagers, it's the steroids.

Getting a pizza in tonight.

This one: Da Vinci: Tomato sauce, mozzarella, home-made meatballs, salami, Italian sausage with some of this: Puy lentil salad with rocket, feta, semi sundried tomatoes. All washed down with beer.

Can't wait. I'm ravenous and this pizza place has never let us down yet. :cool:

sounds divine, and also the correct way to respond on this thread instead of how some folks just say 'pizza':facepalm::mad:

Two tins of baked beans, wild boar steak, mushrooms, fried onions, ciabatta fried in the fat of the steak, and grilled tomatoes. Couldn't fit it all on the plate and had to have the tomatoes and onions on a side dish.

Still hungry :|

I am going to be cooking 12 scallops in garlic and prawn butter( i say prawns they are raw tiger prawns that will be added to the butter at the same time as the scallops are) and serving with a beetroot and chorizo risotto - i love this cooking shit

Two tins of baked beans, wild boar steak, mushrooms, fried onions, ciabatta fried in the fat of the steak, and grilled tomatoes. Couldn't fit it all on the plate and had to have the tomatoes and onions on a side dish.

:eek:

Pudding?

Scottish raspberries, clotted cream and honey.

I am stuffed now. Give it an hour and I will be foraging in cupboards :oops:

Goodness me firks!! sounds delish!!

Garden Chicken Supreme with some Batchelors Savoury Rice. The rice didn't really go with it, should have had some brown or white rice, with hindsight.

Just put some cheese and onion toasties under the grill.

I really need to document what I am eating in a day at the moment. It is really quite mad.

Which is what struck me, if I wasn't getting SSP and DLA, there is no way I could afford to feed myself with the enhanced calorific requirement needed. So if you're on benefits and convalescing, and your calorific intake has to be twice that of an adult's RDA - you're not going to get better, just waste a way.
And you're sending me a bag of spuds! What a hero!

Not for tea, but after beer snack. A menu which has been refined over the course of several boozy evenings:

Toast, peanut butter, sweet chilli sauce with chopped fresh mint on top.

Followed by fast food cheese cake - digestive, cream cheese, blackcurrent jam.

We have visitors at the moment, 7 of them, so my missus is doing a roast, not just any roast tho', she is pulling out ALL the stops and it's looking like it'll be the finest roast anyone can eat, woofookinhoo :cool:

What I really fancy is a proper roast dinner with all the trimmings (beef or lamb please), but I cba to cook it so it's not going to happen.
So I'll settle for roasted veg pizza and lots of sleep.

Chili con carne, which I fear I have overspiced. Daren't check to taste it yet. 4 green chilis, a scotch bonnet and a very small bottle of chipotle sauce went in, as well as a bit of chili powder.
That won't be too strong will it? There's a kilo of mince in it.

Chili con carne, which I fear I have overspiced. Daren't check to taste it yet. 4 green chilis, a scotch bonnet and a very small bottle of chipotle sauce went in, as well as a bit of chili powder.
That won't be too strong will it? There's a kilo of mince in it.
Sounds ideal to me. I'm having a pepper steak and a big salad tonight.

Back
Top Bottom