Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Tonight I will be using the bamboo steamer given to me from the lovely KittyP to make char sui buns. The pork loin (or 'pork sword' as my mum calls them) is currently marinating. Excited!

My dad makes home made char sui pork. It's is soo tender and delicious.
Never had buns though. :)

I can't believe you are making those while mothering a 6 week old baby. :eek:
I could barely be bothered to make myself tea this morning :oops:
Well done you :cool:

My dad makes home made char sui pork. It's is soo tender and delicious.
Never had buns though. :)

I can't believe you are making those while mothering a 6 week old baby. :eek:
I could barely be bothered to make myself tea this morning :oops:
Well done you :cool:

It looked simple on tv. Uh oh.

I googled that Mapo Tofu, it's named after some old woman who sounds like she had acne O_O

It's AMAZING :D well, the versions I've had when eating out... not made it myself yet... I hope for great things though - I would die happy if I could make a good mapo tofu...

Bugger. Thought the fella was gonna get away with no rehearsal tonight having played all fucking weekend but no, he's out, so that means the thai curry I was gonna do is out too :(

Probably beans on toast then.

I might do actually - have fallen into that coupley thing of not wanting to make and eat really tasty stuff if he isn't :facepalm:
FWIW VP and I get around that by having at least one free for all night per week. Okay, he still needs assistance, but at least this means that both of us get a chance to eat what we really want from time to time.

Had to get a ready meal on the way to work as I was rushing home for the cycling - so it's either sausage & mash, or a frozen pizza. I really want the pizza.

A really weird meal comprised of things that grabbed my fancy when I rushed through Brixton Sainsburys. :hmm: An avocado, some tinned kidney beans fried with baby sweetcorn, falafel, and Quorn chicken style strips. And chocolate milk and a banana on the side. :hmm::confused:
I've packed the same for lunch tomorrow, with some mozzarella cheese.

I might do actually - have fallen into that coupley thing of not wanting to make and eat really tasty stuff if he isn't :facepalm:

I used to cook dinner nearly every night while chatting to my housemate, and do an extra portion for him. Having seen how he ate otherwise I feared he might else get scurvy. He's just moved to the other side of the country (for work, not cause of my cooking :() and now I have nobody to cook for. :(:( I eat so much better if I know I'm sharing with someone else.

FWIW VP and I get around that by having at least one free for all night per week. Okay, he still needs assistance, but at least this means that both of us get a chance to eat what we really want from time to time.
:) Yeh, it was more that he was going out to rehearsal tbh, so he gets the snacky type tea on those nights :)

Anyhoo - took out a big portion of mushroom stoup for tea tonight, and will have with couscous and some nice bread I think

Carb with carbs here later. Got fresh fusilli pasta, tomato sauce with chilli, salad, roasted peppers & baby tomatoes, salad (spinach leaves, cucumber, spring onion, olives) and garlic bread.

left over chicken from last night (just needs heating up :cool:), with maybe rice or couscous. And some veg. NO DESSERT. Need to be kept away from bad food :(

Some kind of potato and spinach curry type thing. It's cooking now. Smells fucking lovely. Dammit, why do potatoes take so long to cook.

Something posh and expensive from a Korean place that's just opened. Need too find it first, I still get lost in Newcastle :oops:

Back
Top Bottom