Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Nah,

It's OK if you make it at home. Not my most favourite thing in the world but I wasn't cooking.

My daughter had a halloumi/salad wrap and I've just made my son and myself griddled venison steaks with carrot and potato mash, sweetheart cabbage, sugarsnap peas and a mushroom sauce...OMFG :cool: :cool: <3 :D

The venison steaks are on offer in Tesco, atm.....two packs (of two) for £6, when the usual price is a fiver each.....I am DEFINITELY going to buy a few up for the freezer :D

Excellent deal on the venison, I'll have to stock up.

We had a massive pub lunch today so I'm not really hungry yet, but I took a chicken out of the freezer this morning so it's got to be cooked.
I'm roasting it atm and I might have a chicken sarnie later.

Oooooh NVP....just remembered....you can exchange your clubcard vouchers for tokens worth double the face value atm....but only to spend on frozen food (and baby stuff/pet food/stationery etc)...so, as much as I appreciate that it seemed like A SIGN :D you'd actually be better off getting £12 worth of frozen food with your vouchers and spending your own £6 on the venison :cool: ;)

http://www.tesco.com/clubcard/clubcard/bigexchange.asp

Oooooh NVP....just remembered....you can exchange your clubcard vouchers for tokens worth double the face value atm....but only to spend on frozen food (and baby stuff/pet food/stationery etc)...so, as much as I appreciate that it seemed like A SIGN :D you'd actually be better off getting £12 worth of frozen food with your vouchers and spending your own £6 on the venison :cool: ;)

http://www.tesco.com/clubcard/clubcard/bigexchange.asp
I haven't got a freezer so I'll obey The Will of God.

Salmon. Lentils. Tomatoes. Mushrooms. Parma ham. Asparagus. Brie. Biscuits. Red Wine. Beer.
Not all at the same time.

The lovely idumea cooked us beautiful salmon steaks with proccuto, on a bed of lentilly soup/stew with buttery asparagus on top.
It was stunning and wholesome :cool:

We ate the best part of a piece of brie while it was cooking too :)

I have been given a massive salmon, fresh. Fresh out the Tweed yesterday.

I don't really like Salmon and it won't fit in the freezer.

I googled that Mapo Tofu, it's named after some old woman who sounds like she had acne O_O

Tonight I will be using the bamboo steamer given to me from the lovely KittyP to make char sui buns. The pork loin (or 'pork sword' as my mum calls them) is currently marinating. Excited!

tonight will be chicken in a white wine, cream and tarragon sauce with mash and assorted veg (whatever's left in the fridge)

Back
Top Bottom