Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Chicken and stuffing wrapped in a flour tortilla, dipped in gravy. Very impressed with that bit of bonkersness.
Strawberry Cornetto shortly. Or a yoghurt if I've miscalculated the Cornetto stocks.

My son's at his dad's till tomorrow, my daughter's staying at her friend's and I made/ate a pasta bake for lunch, so it's a bowl of cereal and some telly in bed for me tonight.
Might have some more chocolate brownie cake later, if I can be arsed to go down to fetch it.

Frittata with chorizo, avocado, spinach, sweet potato and feta.

First time I've ever really eaten (to my recollection) avocado, it's lush. So creamy! I feel like a class traitor now.

salmon & spinach pastry with a green side salad. (i don't want it, i want something unhealthy with chips)

my brother is out and he hates mushrooms, so I'm taking advantage to have a secret risottoey tryst.
and then he comes home and wolfs down half of it, and a few breaded mushrooms as seconds. I think I just achieved the culinary equivalent of "turning" a lesbian...

I am going to cook a big assed veggie curry using seasonal veg tonight, going to subsitiute the frozen peas with peas in the pod and throw in some baby sweetcorn too - and include whole garlic cloves

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1507675/summer-vegetable-curry

1507675_MEDIUM.jpg

Food of the gods, I have two or three loafs in the cupboard :cool:

Well, of course you do! :cool:

Off to pick up my daughter and her friend in a short while to take em swimming and then for some post swimming CHIPS :cool:
Have to pop into Sainsbury's afterwards so will see what they fancy for dinner then (they'll most likely just go for beans on toast, the fools!) :hmm:

Not sure if to bother with rice or just attempt to make a big naan bread and have it with that :hmm:

Getting a pizza in tonight.

This one: Da Vinci: Tomato sauce, mozzarella, home-made meatballs, salami, Italian sausage with some of this: Puy lentil salad with rocket, feta, semi sundried tomatoes. All washed down with beer.

Can't wait. I'm ravenous and this pizza place has never let us down yet. :cool:

Just made a rather good lasagne and put it in the oven. It will not be served with chips but rather boiled new potatoes and spinach. Not because I don't think chips and lasagne don't go together, they're a lovely combo, but because Death Metal Magpie and Very Tall Lodger will be working until about 4am and they'll want something that will be OK after microwaving.

Food of the gods, I have two or three loafs in the cupboard :cool:

My brother - the weirdo - is fond of slicing the whole thing into three, longways, frying the slices in butter and then slathering the whole lot in ice cream. :eek: It's a good job his work involves a rather lot of hard, actual physical work, else he'd be the size of the Olympic Stadium.

I made spaghetti carbonara for tea and it was none too clever. Must sort out a better recipe.

I simply eat a loaf in the wrapper like a giant mars bar. If I am feeling a bit ming, I'll melt a few ounces of butter in a bowl and dip it in the melted butter between mouthfuls.

I'm skinny and sit on my arse all day :cool:

I simply eat a loaf in the wrapper like a giant mars bar. If I am feeling a bit ming, I'll melt a few ounces of butter in a bowl and dip it in the melted butter between mouthfuls.

I'm skinny and sit on my arse all day :cool:
:mad: People don't believe I eat very little except for those that live with me. It's bloody unfair :mad:

We're having roast chicken quarters (which have been sitting in a dish with some olive oil/fresh rosemary and thyme/garlic/lemon slices and salt and pepper overnight), paprika wedges (already parboiled and in their olive oil/paprika coating), broccoli and gravy (which'll be made with the pan scrapings so will have ALL of those flavours *slurp* :D ).

Got some weightwatchers thick cream and have remembered I've got some meringues in the cupboard....so Eton Mess, with strawbs and blueberries from the garden, for pudding :cool:

Back
Top Bottom