Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

starter: corn on the cob;
main: rice & smoked fish and home-grown green beans, cooked in oil and spices (mustard seed, cumin seed, tumeric, redchillis, coriander, pepper, tamarind, garlic, anchovy paste) garnished with home-grown coriander;
dessert: birthday cake :)

Ham shank an vegetable soup. It was going to be ham shank n lentil, but I didn't fancy lentils plus I've got a bit of a potato backlog so it ended up being ham, leek, potato, celery, carrots & onions with a little bit of garlic, a tiny bit of chilli, salt, pepper & a bit of grated nutmeg. Turned out alright - Which is just as well coz there's a massive cauldron full, it's going to last til at least Thursday.

Cassoulet. It's well hearty and normally just cassoulet on its own is fine, but I have some new potatoes that I'm cooking up too and may end up going with it, or I'll have them there ready for a potato salad, or for frying up in a pan with summat else.

I had a massive bag of spinach that needed using, so I've made a spinach, potato and mushroom, coconut curry and I'm going to stick some king prawns in, too and have it all with load of coriander on top and a mini naan.

I'm really craving a big hunk of meat, though. :hmm: :mad:

I've also made my son's birthday cake....a chocolate brownie cake with lumps of white chocolate and Crunchie in it and chocolate fudge icing on top....but he's having a sleepover round at his dad's so I've gotta get the cake round there in the morning and it was going to be too big for the tin :facepalm: so I ended up doing a smaller one....and then an even smaller one in a loaf tin....which means I get to keep that here :cool: (wouldn't have had any myself otherwise either...so that's a bit of a touch as it turns out :D ) so will probs have a bit of that for pudding with a niiiiice cup of tea.

Pasta, vintage Lloyd Grossman sauce - BBF July 2011, plus capers and pine nuts.
And a new Cotes du Rhone Villages "Plan de Dieu" I'm trying.

in a foul mood.

can anybody recommend a decent thai or japanese takeaway that will deliver to SE London (elephant and castle)? I want to lie in bed and eat myself to death!

Aw, good day for a birthday! :cool: (My son is a TEENAGER today! :eek: )

I've still got half the veg curry left...but my daughter's back today and I'm STILL craving some meat :D so going to do spag bol....and more cake for pudding (we'll celebrate his birthday in his absence, sorta thing :p ;) )

Aw, good day for a birthday! :cool: (My son is a TEENAGER today! :eek: )
Blimey! That came round quick. Wish him happy birthday from me, won't you?

I'm having a Thai-style chicken stir-fry with loads of naam pla. Is that how you spell it? Fish sauce, anyhow. I could drink that stuff by the pint.

Chippy tea from an alien chippy as the usual one was shut. It was shite and went in the bin. Luckily we'd got some Soreen.

m&s lamb shank on the bone with roasted root veg and jus with stuff and things, and new taters. Yum, am stuffed to the limit having eaten half of it :) Round 2 in a bit!

Back
Top Bottom