Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Freshly picked salad with chives and rocket with trusty balsamic dressing (nom), carrot batons, hummus, tomatoes(normal and marinated sun dried ones), Parma ham and fresh wholemeal bread.
Hit the spot and absolutely no cooking :cool:

Last night was several pints of real ale from a St Peters Brewery pub with oldest mate, followed by dinner at The Eagle of lamb chops with aubergine - melanzane all panariello I think :cool::cool:

Baked spudz. Usually with beanzcheeze but I've just seen this!

Mac-_amp_-Cheese-Stuffed-Baked-Potato-shooter.l.png

Like like like

Oh ringo...no, no, no, no.... :(

I'm going to fry a couple of flattened chicken breasts coated in panko crumbs, then slice them up and put them in wraps with some mayo and salad. Fruit for pudding.

sheothebudworths said:

I'm going to fry a couple of flattened chicken breasts coated in panko crumbs, then slice them up and put them in wraps with some mayo and salad. Fruit for pudding.

Panko eh? Panko people?

Carbs eh? Gonna add extra cheese too you greedy monster?

I'm not actually going to have that, I just saw the picture and liked it. A lot. Although there is a tin of macaroni cheese in the cupboard, just for macaroni cheese related emergencies, and I do have a hangover, and I might have another small drinky tonight doing my radio show.....

Ham sandwiches
Mozzarella, tomato, olive, pine nut, rocket and iceberg salad with shop-bought honey & mustard dressing

I've not been cooking that much recently due to not being here and being skint. But payday tomorrow. Either going to a really nice Portuguese restaurant or going to get some duck breasts and cook them with some lentils or tatties :)

Chilled pea soup - currentle being made - prawn cakes with coriander and chilli sambal. I have never made any of these before so am a little nervy!
The pea soup hasn't turned put too bad - when I remembered to put the peas in otherwise it would have been potato soup :D A bit meaty as I didn't realise I had run out of veggie stock cubes so had yo use a lamb one. It is now in the fridge chilling. If it is horrible we'll just have it warm!

The pea soup hasn't turned put too bad - when I remembered to put the peas in otherwise it would have been potato soup :D A bit meaty as I didn't realise I had run out of veggie stock cubes so had yo use a lamb one. It is now in the fridge chilling. If it is horrible we'll just have it warm!

I'm always a bit :hmm: when it comes to chilled soups. But I can see the appeal of them on a day like today.
The prawn thingies you're making sound lovely though.

No idea what's for tea tonight, I fancy oven chips and something from the freezer, but I'm not sure about putting the oven on in this heat.

I'm always a bit :hmm: when it comes to chilled soups. But I can see the appeal of them on a day like today.
The prawn thingies you're making sound lovely though.

No idea what's for tea tonight, I fancy oven chips and something from the freezer, but I'm not sure about putting the oven on in this heat.
I think I've only ever had chilled soup once before! Thought it would be worth trying, I'm also trying to expand my repertoire of meals 'cos I keep making the same things. If it's vile we'll be just be having pea soup :D

Ham sandwiches
Mozzarella, tomato, olive, pine nut, rocket and iceberg salad with shop-bought honey & mustard dressing
Scratch the sarnies. I made last minute jerk chicken with some really cheap thighs. Supposed to marinade for over six hours, but having half of it tonight too early and the other half when it's well marinaded tomorrow daytime. I shall see how different it tastes.

Using the massive piece of leftover roast pork from Monday to make Mexican wraps - chilli, salad, soured cream, cheese.

Panko eh? Panko people?

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.... :( :facepalm: :(

Anyway - we didn't have that yesterday cos we were still stuffed from our picnic lunch.
My daughter's at a friend's tonight so me and my boy'll have them today instead (which means EVEN MORE chicken for us :cool: :D )...and I've just attempted a *sort of KFC* spice/herb mix for the flour stage of the flour-egg-panko thing....so am more or less attempting to recreate this...

Wrapstar_double_poster.jpg

... :D :oops:

I might go the whole hog and add a plastic cheese slice...and then griddle the filled wrap, too :cool:

Back
Top Bottom