Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Last night I cooked squid, tonight I will cook squid, the night after I will be cooking squid.

Please help me out by making suggestions on my squid thread!
I told you some squid ideas. :p

Tonight I am cooking enchiladas, with home made salsa, home made from fresh tomatoes enchilada sauce, home made refried beans from proper dried beans, etc.

And another lemon drizzle cake.

Mmmmm.

Roast shoulder of pork it was too hot to cook yesterday. Tonight will be even hotter :)

Might roast some spuds with it, may need something lighter.

Roast shoulder of pork it was too hot to cook yesterday. Tonight will be even hotter :)

We were supposed to have roast pork yesterday. In the end we roasted it anyway, and had it warm with new potatoes, salad, coleslaw etc :) Roast spuds/veg just felt like a bit much :eek:

Dunno what I'm having tonight as I'm meeting my Mum for some grub after work :)

BBQ today, gonna mow the lawn first and have a cpl more Pina Colada's before we fire up the coals :cool:
I missed the BBQ, even tho' there was only 2 of us attending :oops: a few too many Pina Colada's had me a right mess relatively early.

So we're having another 1 tonight.... I'm just having the 1 Colada whilst I wait tho'.

i'm hoping the boy will cook something for us tonight as I'm off to a new art class and I'm a bit nervous :oops: :D
Ooo whatcha doin?

Well, it's not really suitable, but I have all the stuff in to make an oven-baked porcini and thyme risotto so that's what we're having! With homebrewed Shiraz.

All the bottles of Shiraz have still got the old labels on, and we're still not bored of saying to each other 'ooo we're on a lovely Rioja tonight darling' :D

We were gonna make home made pizza....but went round to my bezzer's new house and had cheese on toast with ketchup for lunch....so pizza seemed wrong :hmm: (even more so cos we went to maccy d's at 10.50am and had a dolescum brekky of a cheeseburger each just after I'd signed on :cool: :D )....so went and got some nice bread and ham and hummus and crab pate and a reduced pork pie and they've had bits and pieces of that with some tomatoes (soooooooooo....like an UNCOOKED pizza, basically :hmm: :facepalm: ) then some posh milk choc chip cookies that were on special offer and nectarines for pudding

Ooo whatcha doin?

Well, it's not really suitable, but I have all the stuff in to make an oven-baked porcini and thyme risotto so that's what we're having! With homebrewed Shiraz.

All the bottles of Shiraz have still got the old labels on, and we're still not bored of saying to each other 'ooo we're on a lovely Rioja tonight darling' :D

i'm very impressed at you making your own wine - nice work :D

Good luck crusty chick :)

thanks guys - it was AWESOME! it's just a beginner's drawing class but it was a lot of fun fun. I drew stuff - it wasn't all bad. the teacher was nice, and the other student's too. cycled there and back through a vibrant, balmy Berlin evening. the boy had made his speciality egg fried rice for when I got back, and had tidied the apartment. we ate on the balcony to the sounds of someone playing what I think was a mandolin on the street outside.

oh and I made pecan nut biscuits after dinner but fucked up the ingredients AND overcooked them a bit. oh well :D

GREAT Monday :cool:

Marinated chicken breast in a tomato, red chili and sherry vinegar sauce with smoked paprika roasted potatoes (patatas bravas) andand garlic alioli
British Beef Burgers seasoned and topped with a rich gruyère and cheddar cheese melt
butter basted chicken breast
Jaffa cakes
A fuckton of wine
It's a bit late for tea, but I'm fucking starving

Best roast pork ever, got the crackling spot on. Roast spuds and carrots and buttered cabbage pretty sensational too.

Meeting a mate for beer later, maybe some good food involved, dunno.

Turkey kebabs (cooked on the bbq), and pasta pesto to go with it.
This will be my first batch of home made pesto this year and I'm really looking forward to it.

i'm very impressed at you making your own wine - nice work :D

thanks guys - it was AWESOME! it's just a beginner's drawing class but it was a lot of fun fun. I drew stuff - it wasn't all bad. the teacher was nice, and the other student's too. cycled there and back through a vibrant, balmy Berlin evening. the boy had made his speciality egg fried rice for when I got back, and had tidied the apartment. we ate on the balcony to the sounds of someone playing what I think was a mandolin on the street outside.

oh and I made pecan nut biscuits after dinner but fucked up the ingredients AND overcooked them a bit. oh well :D

GREAT Monday :cool:
Cheers - have to confess though that me Da has taken over homebrewing duties cos he insisted on it! (I think he's having cheeky slurps of the wine whilst 'testing' it - he's not drunk for years now ha).

The drawing class, and in fact, the whole post sounds brilliant crusty. Well, apart from the fucked up biccies bit ;)

We didn't have the risotto in the end, I couldn't be arsed, so we just had pasta, sauce and cheese. Toneet the fella's off rehearsing, so it's veggie hotdogs with boiled onions...on fucking baps cos I couldn't find finger rolls ANYWHERE :mad:

Back
Top Bottom