Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Venison shoulder steaks.
I took them out to defrost last night and I wondering if they'd benefit from marinading today?
Any suggestions?

^ nope - been ages since I used venison, and I only had recipes for stew.

I took out the other two Alaskan breaded pollock fillets this morning, and seeing as though we've had chips twice this week already, I fancy having them with rice. So am gonna chop up some courgette, onions and garlic, and sweat them til soft, cook the rice, steam some garden peas, then mix it all in together, nom.

Homebrew red wine to start, and scones with strawberry conserrrve and whippy cream to finish :cool:

I have a prawn, noodle and mass of veg stir fry waiting for me in the fridge at home (made enough for 2 dinners last night). However, I've just scoffed an entire box of chocolates :( so really don't deserve or need any dinner. I really have to stop doing this. They weren't even my chocolates either :oops:

I planned to make a veggie green curry with mushrooms, sweet peppers and aubergines but Im knackered so i reckon pizza or fujiyama :)

Nice and simple tonight as I'm off out later, chicken in tarragon sauce with carrot & swede mash and some sort of green veg, possibly sugar snap peas.

Sainsbury's had salmon fillets in a sweet chilli sauce marked down so we're having them with salad and a baguette.

I told my daughter we were going to start eating 'new' things. She said 'what, you mean things you like?'. I replied 'no, things that are reduced'. She lolled. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom