Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I'm going to make a seafood coconut curry tonight for myself and my son...with squid, king prawns, mussels and possibly a scallop or two....and have it with rice and a huge pile of veg...broccoli, sugar snaps and fine beans (or two out of the three anyway :hmm: ) to make up for the lack of regular veg over the last week. :cool:

Daughter, who doesn't do seafood, :mad: will have beans on toast. :rolleyes:

Sounds lovely sheo - glad to see you're feeling better :)

Last night was sirloin steak, boulangere potatoes (my first attempt and not quite right, but edible) and steamed tenderstem broc.

I'm not sure what's happening tonight. Lizzieloo and Mr Loo are supposed to be coming for dinner, but snow looks like it might stop play :(
If they do make it then we're having thai prawn fish cakes with sweet chilli dip, followed by spiced salmon on puy lentils and roasted peppers. Raspberry ice cream for pud.

Risotto - the "didn't think of anything early enough to thaw out the meat" option.

The chilli I'm making has both 'Wild Fire' and 'Blow Torch' sauces in it.

eh-crate-of-fire.jpg

I'm cranky as I'm ill so stuff the short-lived healthy eating.

We're having cheesy nachos with chilli and refried beans. Then galaxy choc.

Pizza ( homemade base and sauce, tuna, onion, sweetcorn, bacon and lots of cheese) , followed by warm chewy cookies, hot chocolate and a large glug of gaviscon

Your sauces look great. :cool:
My sister bought me them for Xmas. 'Wild Fire' is the real killer. 'Blow Torch' is more jalapeño-ey and tasty rather than just full-on Flames-of-Hell hot. I've got one I haven't opened yet that says 'PAIN IS GOOD' on the label. :D

My sister bought me them for Xmas. 'Wild Fire' is the real killer. 'Blow Torch' is more jalapeño-ey and tasty rather than just full-on Flames-of-Hell hot. I've got one I haven't opened yet that says 'PAIN IS GOOD' on the label. :D

OMG I think the pain is good one might be a bit much! :eek: I have some lantern chilli ketchup in the fridge, but I have to add it to my food on my plate, Mr Yu isn't a huge chilli fan.

OMG I think the pain is good one might be a bit much! :eek: I have some lantern chilli ketchup in the fridge, but I have to add it to my food on my plate, Mr Yu isn't a huge chilli fan.
Oddly, that one is 'medium strength' apparently. 'Lantern chilli'? What's that?

Roast for us too :cool: got a 2 kilo pork shoulder joint for a fiver :cool: (on offer at Tescos the other week) and am slow cooking it (it went in half an hour ago - already smells lovely - dunno if I can stand another five and a half hours of the smell without being able to EAT IT :eek: :D ). Going to do roast potatoes, yorkshires, beans and broccoli and gravy to go with. Can't WAIT!

We've got shitloads of fruit in too (I went a bit bonkers with my delivery :confused: ) so as much of that as we can fit in for pudding. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom