Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Mushroom and black bean chilli with fresh coriander, brown rice, grated extra mature cheddar and a dollop of Skyr.

Baked blackberry and ginger cheesecake with blackberries onto side. First time making a cheesecake. Very tasty but would prefer the more velvety texture of no-bake using mascarpone. Next time.

Unusually for a Monday, I'm on my tod so it's dinner for one (N did himself some fish finger sarnies using the remaining burger buns).

I quite fancy a mini-roast type deal - chicken leg, roast spuds, stuffing, peas and gravy.
It might end up being a pork steak though, depending upon what I find first in the freezer :D

Mrs LR has always wanted to try making a pizza with a cauliflower rice base. I know for a fact it’ll be fucking minging, but she’s finally doing it for tea tonight. Well, people have to learn from experience, don’t they?

I don’t understand the attraction. I know, fewer carbs. But just have cauliflower, then! Why make it into something that isn’t pizza and isn’t cauliflower either?

I think I’ll be having a sandwich later.

Mrs LR has always wanted to try making a pizza with a cauliflower rice base. I know for a fact it’ll be fucking minging, but she’s finally doing it for tea tonight. Well, people have to learn from experience, don’t they?

I don’t understand the attraction. I know, fewer carbs. But just have cauliflower, then! Why make it into something that isn’t pizza and isn’t cauliflower either?

I think I’ll be having a sandwich later.

Cauliflower curry is fucking lush and can be completely vegan and more delicious than any weird cauliflower dough substitute, surely?
I like to roast the cauli and spuds a bit before using them to make an aloo gobi type deal.

Glad to hear it wasn't horrible however. But as a cauli lover, it seems like a waste of cauli :D No offence to Mrs LR intended, mind.

Cauliflower curry is fucking lush and can be completely vegan and more delicious than any weird cauliflower dough substitute, surely?
I like to roast the cauli and spuds a bit before using them to make an aloo gobi type deal.

Glad to hear it wasn't horrible however. But as a cauli lover, it seems like a waste of cauli :D No offence to Mrs LR intended, mind.
Totally agree. I’d much rather have a cauliflower curry!

Sunday We had a lovely allotment soup - with fennel, tomatoes, kale, beans etc.
Tonight - same as last night - am at work so couscous with roasted courgettes, beans etc with a roasted cherry tomato sauce. But today I've also made asian cucumber salad that I keep seeing videos of online as a way to use up lots of cukes - with soy sauce, sesame seeds, chilli oil etc - to add to it so it feels a bit different..

Was gonna say am havin garlic bread but forgot yesyerday when i had spag.bol. 2 pieces left in freezer and try and remember when i have spag bol again.

Back
Top Bottom