Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Allotment soup again (new batch, am freezing some of the base). Minestrone I guess. Onion, garlic, carrot, fennel, courgette, kale, tomato, herbs (rosemary, oregano, thyme, savoury). Will freeze some boxes of this mix then add water, beans of some sort and pasta to tonight’s.

I've got a bit of baguette that will be best if used tonight, so something to go with that.
I'm leaning towards Keema, if I've got enough mince.
Also going to make a pot of sojourner's Egyptian Lentil Soup for tomorrow (N to have when he gets in from work and some for me for lunch), so might have some of that tonight too.

Just me and the kids tonight. They're getting fried fish and home made chips, I'm having my chips with a slice of vegetable tart from the freezer.

Mixed peppers/chickpea/halloumi/red onion/garlic/paprika traybake, with brown rice.

Another slice of that monster cake with blackberries ont side, and a decaff tea.

Attachments

• 20240828_201813.jpg
    20240828_201813.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 6
I'll be making mushrooms in a bbq sauce, nice n thick to pile on a toasted brioche bap and top with grilled cheese (cheesy mushroom burgers essentially), with sea salty wedges and a massive bowl of salad leaves.

More fit Victoria sandwich cake with fresh blackberries and a decaff tea. Possibly extra choccy later too, as it's Friday.

Back
Top Bottom