Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Penne all'amatriciana for me - one of my favourite standby meals that involves stuff I usually have available and could cook in my sleep :D

I really need to add some more things back into my rotation, I've become a bit lazy when it comes to making tea for myself.
Although I did try out that fish goulash on N yesterday and had a bit myself, made with cheap basa fillets, wonky peppers, and a tin of tomatoes (plus garlic/herbs/spices ofc) it's an excellent budget meal that works with rice, pasta, mash, or crusty bread. It went down well with us both so I'll be doing that again.

Tomato pasta for us tonight - after a couple of pints at the pub. Would’ve had more but FM it’s suddenly so expensive everywhere! Probably for the best as have had a good dinner, spent some time with the cat and made dough for tomorrows bread.

Had nowt but am hungary Hippo now . Invading sausage land soon then detours into bacontown and mushroomville then declaring peace in breadbun cul de sac with a nice cup of tea.

I discovered when I'd nearly finished cooking my tea that my wedge of parmesan in the fridge had somehow got a bit damp (probably due to fridge getting frosted up) and was too manky to even contemplate using, it was squishy and very smelly :(
So I just bunged some grated cheddar on top of my pasta but it wasn't ideal - I mean don't get me wrong, I like cheddar on some dishes but it doesn't really go well on this particular one!

Burger - beef (supermarket quarter-pounder!) in a bun with mayonnaise, cheese, onions, ketchup and mustard.
Some sort of oven cooked potato gubbins to go with (probably mostly chip-shaped offering depending on the shape of the spuds I have available!)
Onion rings from the freezer.

Some battered fish from the freezer, home made oven chips, baked beans.

This was an early tea that we had together before N went to work, of course now I am starting to rummage around for more food and have had a pack of quavers and am eyeing up some chocolate.

Back
Top Bottom