Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I am currently deciding between making a curry, or having a Bird's Eye crispy tempura chicken fillet with steak cut chips and peas (all from the freezer)

EDIT: bloody chicken is off before the use by date :mad:
I kind of felt like cooking, the bacon is fine so I'm leaning towards amatriciana, although there is still the option of orange freezer food as a plan B

Last edited:

This, which hardly needs a recipe, but I spotted and it looked good, so...

I even had wholewheat pasta which I haven't had since the 1980s, which was also v nice, small spirals made by Mr Organic

Potato curry if I can find a nice recipe that I’ve got the ingredients for since I remembered the one I was going to make, I’ve made before and it’s not amazing.

Chinese pickled spicy vegetables to start, green tea mochi for afters.

Last edited:
I went to Wendy's after I'd finished my undies shopping because I needed a treat after the stress of Westfield on a Saturday afternoon (what was I thinking?)
Had a cheeseburger with an extra patty.
Might have some chocolate or wine gums later.

I went to Wendy's after I'd finished my undies shopping because I needed a treat after the stress of Westfield on a Saturday afternoon (what was I thinking?)
Had a cheeseburger with an extra patty.
Might have some chocolate or wine gums later.
I used to like Wendy's square burgers on Shaftesbury Avenue. I heard they were coming back. Is it the same Wendy?

I used to like Wendy's square burgers on Shaftesbury Avenue. I heard they were coming back. Is it the same Wendy?
It is indeed, the one in Stratford has been there for a while now - at least 2 years, maybe more.
McDonalds which is a few doors down was rammed and had a massive queue for the ordering screens and a lot of people waiting for their food, but Wendy's was empty, not sure why because Wendy's burgers are comparable, their fries are way way better (skin on), you can easily customise your burgers, they also have options like jacket spuds with toppings as an alternative to fries - and there's apparently no queue and service is good.

Makes me wonder how long they will stay open in that location :(

we are entering salad weather, we made big salads and use them up/ bulk them out over a few days.

Yesterday I did a big tray of chilli, ginger roast toms. MrShakes did couscous and a carrot mush salad. Chicken schnitzel for m# and aubergine ones for him. I did roast peaches as well.

Temperature has dipped so I’m doing roast pots, parsnips and sweet pots. Pea and broad bean salad. Crispy pork belly strips.

I seem to have many heads of broccoli. So I'm going to make a cheese pasta broccoli bake. We'll have peas and carrots with it.

For pudding I've got some of my Mum's flapjack. She makes it for every occasion when we have a get together. So it's either called celebration flapjack or festive flapjack. :D
This batch has raisins and walnuts in and it's topped with melted dairy milk chocolate. 😍

Can you freeze cooked potatoes? I’m not sure I can do two more days of this curry.

They're excellent for making roasties - just pop them straight from the freezer into your roasting tin of hot oil and cook til they're golden and crispy on the outside :thumbs:
Or if they're already in the curry you can still freeze it - the spuds might lose a little structural integrity when reheated in a sauce, but you've still got a handy meal in the freezer for emergencies.

They're excellent for making roasties - just pop them straight from the freezer into your roasting tin of hot oil and cook til they're golden and crispy on the outside :thumbs:
Or if they're already in the curry you can still freeze it - the spuds might lose a little structural integrity when reheated in a sauce, but you've still got a handy meal in the freezer for emergencies.
I’ve frozen them which is good because a) I won’t have to eat the curry for days on end and b) I’m going away soon and have too much food to eat up.

Back
Top Bottom