Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Ordered a Tikka Jalfrezi and naan from the decent local place as i have fuck all real food in the house and i'm exhausted.

Hopefully there will be leftovers for tomorrow as i'm definitely not shopping or cooking tomorrow.
Liked for the takeaway choice, not the lack of food in and exhaustion

It's so frigging cold that I'm gonna make a risotto! Ovenbaked pea and parmesan, with a full parmesan rind in there too for maximum umami. Or is that maxiumami?

Fella's making double choc chip muffins with bramble jelly melty middles. I'm fancying key lime pie again - might make one at the weekend.

It's so frigging cold that I'm gonna make a risotto! Ovenbaked pea and parmesan, with a full parmesan rind in there too for maximum umami. Or is that maxiumami?

Fella's making double choc chip muffins with bramble jelly melty middles. I'm fancying key lime pie again - might make one at the weekend.
I'd like your baked risotto recipe please.

I made a big pan of vegetable and lentil soup at lunchtime and had that again this evening with toasted soda bread. Very English lentil soup with no spices, just garlic, all the ends of fennel, celery etc from the salad drawer and lots of carrots.

I made a big pan of vegetable and lentil soup at lunchtime and had that again this evening with toasted soda bread. Very English lentil soup with no spices, just garlic, all the ends of fennel, celery etc from the salad drawer and lots of carrots.
Will sort tomorrow. I am also planning a carrot and lentil soup .

Pea and Parmesan oven-baked risotto
  • 2 tbsp EVOO
  • frozen peas
  • 1 small onion, finely chopped
  • 2 or 3 garlic cloves, crushed
  • 2 tsp thyme leaves, plus extra to serve (or just a couple of heaped teaspoons of dried thyme)
  • 350g risotto rice (Arborio)
  • 1200ml hot vegetable stock
  • handful grated parmesan, plus extra
  • 1 dsp mushroom ketchup
  • Parmesan rind
Put peas in bowl to start defrosting.

Fry the onion in the oil until starting to soften. Add the garlic and cook for another min.

Heat oven to gas 5. Add thyme and rice to the pan, then stir well to coat every grain. Pour in the stock and mushroom ketchup, stir and bring to the boil.

Season to taste, pour into ovenproof dish and add parmesan rind, cover and bake for 25 mins or until the rice is just cooked and all the liquid has been absorbed.

Stir in the peas and grated parmesan, check the seasoning, and sprinkle with extra parmesan to serve.

Tonight's plan is a sweet potato peanut butter gratin thing with a lemony salad. Sweet potatoes were found on the street (people round here leave out the things they don't want from their veg boxes) and salad another olio rescue. Need to buy some sumac for the dressing. Maybe a cocktail as it's the start of our weekend.

As mentioned yesterday, we are having a lovely wintery carrot and lentil soup, which is the perfect dish for a day in fucking JUNE isn't it? Will have with a slab of homebaked bread.

Bought one of them fancydan 'orange twist' Toblerones in the Tesco - thought it looked like dark choc too but it's not. Will devour some of that after my tea.

They've no right calling it 'giant couscous', which strongly suggests it's just like normal couscous but bigger. It's not though is it? It's like giant jellyballs. Retching just thinking about it.

I mean it's quite passable, but I'm not sure why I'd buy it again when I can just have bulgar wheat, which is much nicer.

Last night was a huge bolognese, will make lasagna tomorrow.

Tonight our friends Nepalese restaurant, they’ve been in Nepal for a couple of months showing off their baby so be great to catch up..

I think I might make Bolognese tonight for tonight and tomorrow and a veggie version for N to have the next couple of days also.
He'll be having some pasta with red pesto or some noodles before work tonight.

Back
Top Bottom