Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Feta-stuffed roast peppers, couscous, watercress/spinach/rocket salad.

Tiramisu with blueberries.
Sounds lovely!
I'm intrigued by the fact you always seem to have afters, I rarely do (I prefer savoury things and if I'm eating out and getting 2 courses it will always be starter and main, maybe a coffee, I like affogato as a light dessert that's basically coffee really).
I like some desserts, but rarely want one after a meal, I'd be more likely to have it as a snack rather than as afters.
I might do a "do you have afters" type poll.

Sounds lovely!
I'm intrigued by the fact you always seem to have afters, I rarely do (I prefer savoury things and if I'm eating out and getting 2 courses it will always be starter and main, maybe a coffee, I like affogato as a light dessert that's basically coffee really).
I like some desserts, but rarely want one after a meal, I'd be more likely to have it as a snack rather than as afters.
I might do a "do you have afters" type poll.
When I was growing up, we very rarely had pudding, or sweets, biscuits, anything like that. Too skint. When I got my first job, I bought all the sweet stuff I fancied (had shoplifted it for years), and that's never changed.

I crave sweetness, especially after my tea, and ALWAYS have something. I don't know how people cope NOT having pudding 😄😄

When I was growing up, we very rarely had pudding, or sweets, biscuits, anything like that. Too skint. When I got my first job, I bought all the sweet stuff I fancied (had shoplifted it for years), and that's never changed.

I crave sweetness, especially after my tea, and ALWAYS have something. I don't know how people cope NOT having pudding 😄😄
My brother says he has a pudding compartment in his stomach and always has afters.

Leek and cannellini bean gratin, with baby spuds, broccoli and veggie gravy. Bloody freezing here lately!

Tother half of the tiramisu with blueberries, and tonight, I will attempt to NOT eat a whole bar of fruit and nut choccy immediately afterwards :hmm:

This similar for me too. I'll never not have an option for pudding.

Same with me, but I stopped buying afters when unemployed to save money, and never really shook that habit. Before that, my favourites were Hob Nobs, Kit Kats and Echo bars!

Chippy tea tonight on account of getting our collective hair cut at tea time, and having a video chat with my lass scheduled for 7.30. So fish, chips n mushy peas for me, some unholy combination of chips, gravy, curry and peas for him.

He's baking a fruitcake so a fat slice of that with a decaff coffee.

Chippy tea tonight on account of getting our collective hair cut at tea time, and having a video chat with my lass scheduled for 7.30. So fish, chips n mushy peas for me, some unholy combination of chips, gravy, curry and peas for him.

He's baking a fruitcake so a fat slice of that with a decaff coffee.
Right, well, seems my chippy days are over then. Last time I had fish chips n mushy peas, I had terrible wind and bloating all night, and I was actually disgusting myself with the vile odour emitting from my bum. Same this time. It might just be the mushy peas, but I think the grease has a lot to do with it too.

Back
Top Bottom