Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Paella inspired but not actual paella (I don't have any medium grain rice in for a start!) rice dishes.

Chicken, bacon, prawn, red pepper, pea one for me.
Pescetarian version with squid instead of the chicken and bacon for N.

Sushi that I made yesterday for work and couldn't finish. Microwave at work is a pain at the mo so trying to think of cold dinners (Not a fan of sandwiches). Sushi was good though, maki (?) rolls filled with courgette, red pepper and tofu and tofu pockets with fried mushrooms and rice.

Greek tonight:
Chicken souvlaki
Fried halloumi
Roasted veg (peppers, red onion, courgette, some of those long mild chilli/pepper type things)
Greek roast potatoes
Tomato and olive salad
Pitta bread
Hummus
Might make some yoghurt mint dip too.

Retsina and/or ouzo.

Depends on when fucking Virgin turn up at work for the broadband upgrade. If they turn up in the next 30 mins, I stand a chance of having enough time to do feta-stuffed roast peppers with ramson butter fusilli. If they turn up when I think they will, at nearly 6 o bastard clock, then it will be spaghetti tossed in EVOO/garlic/chilli, with black olives, sundried toms, and parmesan.

A bar of whatever choccy I can find in the choccy bag.

Depends on when fucking Virgin turn up at work for the broadband upgrade. If they turn up in the next 30 mins, I stand a chance of having enough time to do feta-stuffed roast peppers with ramson butter fusilli. If they turn up when I think they will, at nearly 6 o bastard clock, then it will be spaghetti tossed in EVOO/garlic/chilli, with black olives, sundried toms, and parmesan.

A bar of whatever choccy I can find in the choccy bag.

Both options sound good, but I hope they turned up early and you're already stuffing peppers!

Greek tonight:
Chicken souvlaki
Fried halloumi
Roasted veg (peppers, red onion, courgette, some of those long mild chilli/pepper type things)
Greek roast potatoes
Tomato and olive salad
Pitta bread
Hummus
Might make some yoghurt mint dip too.

Retsina and/or ouzo.
Couldn't get any pitta bread - couldn't get any yesterday either (should I be worried about a worldwide shortage? :eek: ) so we have some sort of middle eastern long thin pide instead, a few minutes in an oven on low and it will be lush and suitable for wrapping around all the other stuff. :thumbs:

Both options sound good, but I hope they turned up early and you're already stuffing peppers!
They turned up at 4.45 :mad: I was here until 5.45, but still did the peppers when I got home cos I really fancied them! Had them with couscous flavoured with basil, veg stock, garlic granules, chopped sundried toms and black olives.

Round 2 of yesterday's Greek feast, glad I made loads as it was lush.
Treated myself to some lovely but pricey kalamata olives from our local independent supermarket deli counter (they have vats of olives of various types) and it was money well spent.

Still have some roast veg left which will work in a pasta sauce for N tomorrow.

I think I'm going to make a chicken cacciatore, with some mash.
If I have the energy and wherewithal.

Back
Top Bottom