Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Yes, me too mrsfran
I've only ever had freshly picked, home-grown asparagus once, and it was amazing!

I must search out some asparagus soon, I've stopped buying the air freighted stuff so I haven't had any for months.
We stopped having the airfreighted as well, so we're making the most of it now.

Do either of you know whether it can be grown in good grow sacks and/or buckets.with. drainage holes?

We stopped having the airfreighted as well, so we're making the most of it now.

Do either of you know whether it can be grown in good grow sacks and/or buckets.with. drainage holes?
It can! But you want the container to be really good because asparagus don't like their roots disturbed and they can continue cropping for 30 years. Also, they like their space (1 plant per square metre) so you won't get loads but you'll get enough for one small bunch a week for 2-3 months :)

It can! But you want the container to be really good because asparagus don't like their roots disturbed and they can continue cropping for 30 years. Also, they like their space (1 plant per square metre) so you won't get loads but you'll get enough for one small bunch a week for 2-3 months :)
Oh that's useful! Can you plant them with other, surface level, plants or do they do best.on their own?

Either sausage baguette with onions, or sausage beans and fries (frozen ones done in the air fryer).
Depends on how much energy I have to do washing up in the next hour.

Got hungry before N got up (he's a couple of days behind me with this sodding virus) and knew I wouldn't have energy to do any proper cooking after all, so made myself some cheese on toast.
I think he's going to have a pot noodle if/when he feels up to it.

Fuck knows, I am beyond fed up with feeling ill at this point.
Might do some pasta all'amatriciana if I have the energy (and a bacon-free version for N to have tomorrow).
Depends whether I have energy, I've had a really shit day so far for reasons additional to being unwell.

Back
Top Bottom