Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I tried Perogi, did them with sour cream with peppers and lardons. Was quite nice, but probably not enough to become a weeknight favourite, which is a shame as they're stupidly quick to cook.

Greek feast tonight (as we rarely eat together I do try to make an effort with tea on N's night off) - I'm making:
Xtapodi (braised octopus with tomatoes and onions)
Skordalia (Greek garlicky mashed potato)
Gigantes Plaki (I don't actually have any gigantes, so this is going to be ordinary butter beans in a tomato sauce, might add some spinach which is a common variant of the dish)
Roast veg (pointy red peppers, those long mild green peppers, courgette, red onion
Tzatziki
Hummus
Greek Salad
Pitta bread (purchased, not made!)

Some of this is for tomorrow as well, it will be quite a lot of food.

Oxtail croquettes, filo parcels, veal medallions, sweet potatoes and Brussels

Day one of a two week trip walking from Porto along the Camino way to santiago da compastelo

Did a good job with the octopus (boiled in red wine vinegar and white wine with bay leaves, then fried with onions, tomatoes, garlic, balsamic vinegar and honey), ended up perfectly tender, it didn't half shrink though!
Good job I'd done plenty of side dishes!
Expensive meal overall though, for something home cooked. Was very nice however. But reminded me why we don't have octopus frequently!

Take away pizza meal deal.
2 pizzas, one garlic bread, 2 chips and bottle of pop.

Should be enough for a couple days.

Round 2 of Greek Feast.
No octopus dish leftovers as we scoffed it all last night, but N has some halloumi that he wants with roasted veg, and a small sea bass fillet that I'll fry to go with it.
I'm doing myself a kind of pastitsio type affair, but due to lack of milk/milk substitutes it will lack the thick béchamel topping and instead just have cheese on top.
Roasted courgette/red pepper/big green chilli pepper things, red onion, remains of the gigantes, also tzatziki, hummus, pitta bread, fries (yes I am triple carbing it!) and salad

I've got a small bit of not-quite-pastitsio left from last night, am going to have that with a creamy chicken and leek with roast potatoes ready meal from the freezer.

Back
Top Bottom