Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Chicken supreme and rice.
Doing a tuna casserole for N to have over the weekend, and they're actually fairly similar in terms of prep and ingredients so it's easy to do them both at the same time tonight.
Round 2 of mine tomorrow I am planning to dump a load of home made pesto (my basil plant is in dire need of cutting back, it's taking over my limited plant space) in for more of a kind of pesto chicken dish, with pasta.
So that's the next couple of days sorted.
Oh might make some garlic bread (well garlic butter and slap it on some shop bought part-baked baguettes) to go with those meals.

Chicken supreme and rice.
Doing a tuna casserole for N to have over the weekend, and they're actually fairly similar in terms of prep and ingredients so it's easy to do them both at the same time tonight.
Round 2 of mine tomorrow I am planning to dump a load of home made pesto (my basil plant is in dire need of cutting back, it's taking over my limited plant space) in for more of a kind of pesto chicken dish, with pasta.
So that's the next couple of days sorted.
Oh might make some garlic bread (well garlic butter and slap it on some shop bought part-baked baguettes) to go with those meals.

Change of plan as I'm really tired after an early start this morning and lots of walking (doing my volunteering - bird survey followed by bumblebee survey) and didn't really have the energy for a big cooking expedition, especially as I am planning to get up early tomorrow to get Greek stuff from Lidl.
So I'm doing myself a fish finger sarnie instead.
Will do tonight's planned cooking tomorrow afternoon instead.

Change of plan as I'm really tired after an early start this morning and lots of walking (doing my volunteering - bird survey followed by bumblebee survey) and didn't really have the energy for a big cooking expedition, especially as I am planning to get up early tomorrow to get Greek stuff from Lidl.
So I'm doing myself a fish finger sarnie instead.
Will do tonight's planned cooking tomorrow afternoon instead.
Liked especially for the bumblebee survey!

Got discount tomatoes getting to proper over ripeness so will panfry them and use to make an arrabiatta sauce. Wholewheat penne or fusilli, capers, black olives, possibly a smidge of cheese on top.

A slice of the chocolate sandwich cake with bramble jelly filling and chocolate buttercream (olive spread) icing I made earlier.

Managed to get the meal I postponed last night done for early tea tonight - was lush, and there's leftovers for tomorrow.

Perennial problem with early tea though, I now fancy afters - am seriously considering making some rice pudding.

Edit: Thought lack of dairy might be a stumbling block, but found a tin of evap and an unopened carton of N's oat milk so rice pudding is on for a late dessert :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom