Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I got some crisps and made a crisp tortilla and it was amazing.

Q: if I’m making roast vegetable lasagne on Thursday and I roast the vegetables and make a tomato sauce on Sunday and keep them in the fridge until Thursday or do I need to freeze them?

I got some crisps and made a crisp tortilla and it was amazing.

Q: if I’m making roast vegetable lasagne on Thursday and I roast the vegetables and make a tomato sauce on Sunday and keep them in the fridge until Thursday or do I need to freeze them?
3-4 days in the fridge is usually OK for cooked veg based stuff, so I reckon Sunday to Thursday would be fine - I wouldn't go any longer than that though.

One pot rice dish involving Cumberland sausages, streaky bacon, mushrooms, red onion, peas, herbs, stock and long grain rice.
I do one pot rice dishes all the time, this was pleasant but it lacked something - I think I should have done the sausages and veg in casserole type gravy and had rice on the side.

Celebratory kebab night since last night was a mess and now he's done his first shift. Now in the weird position of both my kids being employed and me not for the first time ever and despite my earning potential being more than theirs combined if its currently 0 then it matters not a jot (not that it mattered other than for covering bills anyway). Bit odd but whatever. So a Mix Grill 3 meat special Kebab done 5 ways with a massive naan, chips (which seem to be unavoidable somehow), chili and BBQ sauce, plus the homemade salad I made to pack it out. Was like a giant burrito and I still have most of it left!

I do one pot rice dishes all the time, this was pleasant but it lacked something - I think I should have done the sausages and veg in casserole type gravy and had rice on the side.
I always chuck heavy seasoning or stock in with the rice now, plus any appropriate random veg bits like chopped peppers too, seems to suit most meals which are italian, mexican, cajun, indian/pakistani/more or other curry/similar producing nations of various different titles. Failing that, sod it I have rice and peppers that tastes nice and doesn't take long to cook in a microwave once I did a huge batch and froze it in portions. Tho the various 25p flavoured rices are not bad for well, 25p lol.

Burgers out of the freezer for an early tea for both - Plant Revolution soya burgers for N, Beef Quarterpounders for me.
I think I'll have mine with cheese, red onion, tomato, lettuce, ketchup and mustard. He'll have whatever condiments and toppings he fancies.
Onion rings and skin on fries for both of us.

I always chuck heavy seasoning or stock in with the rice now, plus any appropriate random veg bits like chopped peppers too, seems to suit most meals which are bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla
Found instant pot does rice. I'm an idiot it's been like 5 years. But I will be one with easier rice now.

More kebab but now in wraps, we'll when I get to it. Trying to grow food atm

Burgers out of the freezer for an early tea for both - Plant Revolution soya burgers for N, Beef Quarterpounders for me.
I think I'll have mine with cheese, red onion, tomato, lettuce, ketchup and mustard. He'll have whatever condiments and toppings he fancies.
Onion rings and skin on fries for both of us.

A couple of Golden Crunch Cream biscuits for afters.
There will probably be more afters later, early tea means I tend to get a bit peckish around 10pm and I have lots of sweets and chocolates left over from Xmas still :D

Aloo palak, mushroom bhaji, garlic and coriander naan, dollop of natural yoghurt. Fuck me, that was good. Totally making that again. Have got 2 portions of each left for Monday tea too 😎

Decaff coffee and a double choc chip and bramble jelly muffin.
This again. Couldn't be arsed cooking after the match, so warmed up leftovers. Still fit as fuck. I could kiss myself, it's that tasty 😁

A couple of Golden Crunch Cream biscuits for afters.
There will probably be more afters later, early tea means I tend to get a bit peckish around 10pm and I have lots of sweets and chocolates left over from Xmas still :D
I loved those biscuits, would dunk them in milk, that was my goto had a smoke eat, soft, sweet, creamy, bit chewy and a nice crunch. Hit all the food please bits of having a smoke lol and filled me with some milk for something remotely healthier at the same time. Barely bought any, ever, nothing sweet at all, those were different tho lol. Well plus whenever I found the supermarket donuts just after they got reduced.

Back
Top Bottom