Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I really need to haul myself out of bed one morning to get to Lidl at sparrows fart, I had a veg box once and it was superb.
I've found that the optimum time to go is between 9 and 9.30. Any earlier, they're not done, any later, they've all gone! It pleases me more than it probably should to get them, it's just that most of our diet is 'plant based' as they say, so it makes a big difference to our food budget.

Today I shall be having a pasta sauce I made before ridiculously packed with veg, tomatoes and aromatics and reduced like crazy after a few litres of homemade chicken stock and more seasoning. Gently microwaved then tossed with some Tagliatella, bit more black pepper, cheddar and some pasta water until creamy with some fresh basil.

Got friends over for dinner tonight so a trio of curries - the squash and spinach dhal from the other day, tofu jalfrezi and cabbage thoran. Plus airfryer onion bhajis, a raita and aubergine pickle. All prepared except the veg for the jalfrezi which I need to go and buy and then fry. A cocktail of some sort to start (maybe an aviation). Really looking forward to it!

Back
Top Bottom