Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Yesterday I used up the roast chicken leftovers in a pasta dish with pesto, creme fraiche, broccoli and peas.

Tofu traybake tonight - I think I'll go along the sesame oil + 5 spice route and serve it with rice.

I'm making Nigella's Cuban Beans, with brown rice and garlicky yoghurt. The only difference I can see between this and a bean chilli is that there's no tomatoes or chilli powder, but there is a dollop of chipotle paste, cumin seeds and a red chilli. It's got a couple of bay leaves in too, so we'll see.

Probably the entire bar of salted caramel chocolate I got from Lidl earlier.

How you feeling today? Hope a little better.

Thanks
Snoozed on and off on the sofa after my pot noodle last night with Raiders on telly but couldn't make it to the end so was in bed for half 8.
Slept feverishly on and off for about 17 hours.
Felt considerably better when I woke up - still feel ill but not as achy and out of it as I did yesterday and have had the energy to actually sit up today :D

N made us both eggs on toast for an early tea today :)
Hopefully I'll have energy to cook tomorrow, even when I'm ill and in no way have enough energy I tend to think about things I want to be cooking :D

I haven’t read or posted on here for ages! I’m totally uninspired by food and seem to just want to eat crisps so I’m hoping to sort this out by reading about all your lovely meals again. 👍

Supermarket pizza tonight. I didn’t fancy any of the choices so got a crosta and mollica base and added mozzarella, mushrooms and roasted peppers.

I haven’t read or posted on here for ages! I’m totally uninspired by food and seem to just want to eat crisps so I’m hoping to sort this out by reading about all your lovely meals again. 👍

Supermarket pizza tonight. I didn’t fancy any of the choices so got a crosta and mollica base and added mozzarella, mushrooms and roasted peppers.

I went through a serious phase like that last year where I was barely eating, which is so unlike me, had me quite worried.
I hope you get your food mojo back soon.

I made the Hairy Biker's sausage and bean casserole and some plain rice, but ran out of steam and couldn't eat much of it.

Last night we had oven baked salmon curry with airfried tandoori aubergine and rice.

Tonight was chicken Kyiv with garlicky roast baby potatoes, a rocket salad and coleslaw.

We're still eating walnuts with fruit and small bits of cheese afterwards.

Roast duck crown (haggle shelf bargain) with a sticky plum glaze, roast new potatoes and cauliflower, steamed carrots and airfryer garlicky green beans.
That sounds delicious!

We're having puy lentil cottage pie with asparagus, and gravy. There will be.enoigh.for.tomorrow night's tea too with different veg.

He's going to use the potato skins to make some.loaded potato skins to start with - done in the airfryer.

Back
Top Bottom