Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I mean it's not a big win but I got used to checking every penny when benefits needed to cover me, or when it had to cover 2 adults and 3 kids lol. 4x the price was a big deal then and every time I get a new job I restock the family sized version of the "oh shit" cupboard I had at 20 odd. Now it's 10kg rice, 10kg pasta and a shit load of canned veg, frozen stuff, spices and toiletries/cleaning stuff. Then it was 1kg spag/penne and a load of tomatoes/dried beans and then walking a few miles to the supermarket cheapest for onions and dried herbs as needed.

Sorry. That was assine. I know paying over double is silly for a lot of people. Fair play to you for feeding your family well when you've been struggling.

Tonight my wife made fideous al marisco. It's the first time I've had this since I worked in a hospital in Jerez, 10 years ago. My first mouthful took me straight back there. It was a perfect evocation of that time. I absolutely loved it, she'd got it perfectly right. Damn, I love that woman!

ps, I've also had some (a lot) of gin Sevilla orange, as per living in Puente Genil, a Spanish night!

Got a fuckton of mushrooms from Lidl this morning cos craving them - so it's a mushroom and cheese homelette plus wedges and salad tonight.

Fruitcake and a decaff coffee, and perhaps a smidge of almond and orange dark choccy too, as it's Friday.

Orange (and black) freezer tea of quinoa and sweet potato burger in brioche bun with pickles and sweet potato :hmm: fries.

The burger looked unpromising, had probably been in the freezer too long, and the whole thing was in the oven too long. Particularly annoying when your unhealthy meals aren't even tasty.

Last night I had an amazing home made pizza, which was the ideal thing to scoff after having a few drinks. Tonight I feel like making something fancy (not Michelin starred fancy or anything, just something that requires more time and effort than I generally have available on weekdays) but don't know what as yet.

Last night I had an amazing home made pizza, which was the ideal thing to scoff after having a few drinks. Tonight I feel like making something fancy (not Michelin starred fancy or anything, just something that requires more time and effort than I generally have available on weekdays) but don't know what as yet.
Lasagna!

Wholewheat fusilli in an arrabiatta sauce, made from fresh roasted baby plum and salad tomatoes. They were in a Lidl veg box last week and about to go too ripe. Will bung some black olives in, and have a smidge of grated extra mature cheddar onto.

I was looking forward to fennel, squash and potato bake from the freezer but when I opened it I found it something I made that looks similar that I made about 8 portions of which wasn’t very nice, so I’m just having chips with mayo and ketchup.

Back
Top Bottom